The long awaited Sabres jerseys

Sabrejeff

I'll defend the Bills uniforms as being pretty nice (when they're worn correctly 2-2 this season so far!). However, I can't defend these. I'm in the bag bigtime for Upstate NY sports, but the Sabres new look is just atrocious. I look at the new logo and see not a slug, but a yellow piece of poop with eyes.

What a stupid update for no stupid reason. It would be so easy to go back to the original blue and gold and pretend none of this ever happened. I don't care who has to save face. Sabres fans shouldn't have to suffer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just have this strange feeling that the logo and jerseys were jsut an experiment by reebok and larry quinn and everyon else with the sabres had no say, but they still have to take the blame for it. it just all seems too unreal for them to look at the logo and go, "yea, everyone will liek that" i mean i don't have a huge problem with the jerseys, but they just look unfinished, but the logo looks like a huge piece of pikachu sh!+.

so im gonig to convince my slef as a buffalonian that ti was all reeboks fault and they are gonig to hell for this

Being completely neutral to this ( don't care for the sabres or the nhl in general) I say that those unis look horrible. The stripes are way to complicated and the logo is too cartoony. Also, the left horn on the logo seems way off and the fact that the logo faces to the side (and not head on) annoys the hell out of me.

The Sabres are wearing these tonight in Toronto... I was under the impression that the new uniforms wouldn't be worn until Sept. 30th.

They first planned on unvailing these at that game. But that changed so they unvailed them over the weekend and are wearing them throughout the preseason.

saBS.png

Yeah, but that's California, where most of the population has no idea there is a hockey team there...Or two even.

The population does know that there are three NHL teams in California, let alone, not ALL people know that there are four ECHL teams in Stockton, Fresno, Bakersfield, and Long Beach. We may not get snow regularly where these teams play, but let me assure you, hockey is alive and well in California, no matter what some wish to think.

Let's not visit this topic again.

And now, we rejoin our regularly scheduled thread already in progress.

I was referring to southern california, and I assure you, most of the population couldn't care less about either of them.

slugbat.jpg

Basically, I like the logo and the jersey....never had a problem with the logo in the first place.....and I was at the arena when it was unveiled and I love the jersey. Many people on here are saying they hate the logo and the jersey, but I don't think everyone feels the same way seeing how long the line was to the Sabres store. Quite frankly.....i'm pretty sure many people outside of the sabres fans like the jersey, we just have tons of wannabe critics on here...its sad and quite pathetic lol.

I think these are one of the best jerseys in the league now...and i'm not just saying that cause i'm a sabres fan. Its a sharp design...and for those who think these are done in a few years, you're smoking...it won't happen.

Then leave.

Just because he/she disagrees with you? Come on.

No, because he/she is obviously not happy with the atmosphere of this board. If so, then why would he/she continue to post here?

Well, frankly, the atmosphere on the board has gotten a bit nasty w/ all this Sabres stuff.

It has, I agree, thanks to the fans of this new look, who call everyone who disagrees with them "logo snobs."

Don't try to jam your opion of the Sabres new look down our throats, and we won't respond in such a "nasty" manner.

I hope I wasn't placed in the category of people that called other snobs...because I didn't say such a thing. I basically said "wannabe critics". Quite frankly, I don't even have to call you a snob...because the fact that you told me to "leave" just because I didn't agree with you or because I allegedly don't like the atmosphere of this board is saying something in itself.

Because "wannabe critics" is so much better then "logo snobs" right? :rolleyes:

I told you to leave because you basically knocked us for what we come here to do: criticize and comment on sports logos and uniforms. If "wannabe critics" upset you so much, then you shouldn't be here.

Well it took me a while, but I finally fond something I like about the Sabres new look-Extra ammunition as a Leafs fan :hockeysmiley:

Well, when you're losing 6-0, all you can really rip on is the logo, right?

When the Sabres have won one Stanley Cup, let alone 13, we'll talk.

Well it took me a while, but I finally fond something I like about the Sabres new look-Extra ammunition as a Leafs fan :hockeysmiley:

Well, when you're losing 6-0, all you can really rip on is the logo, right?

When the Sabres have won one Stanley Cup, let alone 13, we'll talk.

Warning #2...

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

That was a vote to use them for 2006/07... they are still expected to be worn for 2007/08 (which is why all third jerseys are being eliminated)... last I heard we should expect some sort of announcement around late December.

from what I was told was the GM's voted no to them period not for this season but forever according to my friend with the Hawks.

I suspect that if they are forced, I know at least the Hawks and Habs will not go to them

Sounds like names on the backs of team jerseys... league-wide mandate to include player names on all jerseys, at least one team refused.

Guess what happened? :P

Um, they wore white lettering on white jerseys and blue lettering on blue jerseys?

No, no, that would just be ridiculous. ^_^

I don't know if you were being facetious or not, but they actually DID do that at first, til they were reprimanded and forced to switch them. :)

You know when I first saw the slug I didn't think it was that bad a logo just not appropriate for the Sabres. The more I look at it especially on the uniform the more I see that it is just a terrible logo.

As for the Nashville comparison outside of the socks they don't really look a like at all. It isn't the first time 2 teams have worn similar socks, Ottawa and New Jersey basically wear the exact same socks as each other.

They were making fun of the new jerseys and logo on sportsnet after the leafs game. One of the guys said it reminds him of the Nashville look (which has been said on this thread). All this led to an "Ugliest jersey in NHL history" poll. So it continues......

yep I saw that too. They said everyone in the press box hated them.

They were making fun of the new jerseys and logo on sportsnet after the leafs game. One of the guys said it reminds him of the Nashville look (which has been said on this thread). All this led to an "Ugliest jersey in NHL history" poll. So it continues......

yep I saw that too. They said everyone in the press box hated them.

more logo snobs eh? wow they're everywhere!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Looking at those Getty images of the game, I noticed that some of the pants have the slug on the right side, and some don't. I guess one of the manufacturers didn't get the memo about putting the slug on there.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Looking at those Getty images of the game, I noticed that some of the pants have the slug on the right side, and some don't. I guess one of the manufacturers didn't get the memo about putting the slug on there.

I don't think you can conclusively say that they forgot. The only one that the logo did not show up on is the Biron pic, and that may have been covered up by his pads.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Looking at those Getty images of the game, I noticed that some of the pants have the slug on the right side, and some don't.  I guess one of the manufacturers didn't get the memo about putting the slug on there.

I don't think you can conclusively say that they forgot. The only one that the logo did not show up on is the Biron pic, and that may have been covered up by his pads.

Hmm, when I clicked the link, I saw pictures of, like, Vanek and Campbell wearing pants with no logo, but Briere, for example, did have the logo.

EDIT: Look around HERE.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived