OSU Cornhole board concept

CFSize24

I plan to have this done for the BG game on Oct. 7.

CORNHOLE4-Converted.png

What do you guys think?

C&C if you will.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

It looks pretty good to me, although "Ohio State" and "Buckeyes" are not lined up...not sure if that was intentional or not. On the logo on the bottom, it seems like the letters should be white, rather than allowing the green to show through.

What exactly is this to be used for?

Shum, the game is called cornhole. You can read about it here. It is like horseshoes and is a very popular tailgating game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole_(game)

The location of the hole is a set dimesion. I didnt want to have to cut out the letters so I raised them slightly. I did edit it so they appear to be closer to center.

I thought about outlining the whole logo in white. I am trying to find examples where the athletic logo is used on odd colors and how they handled it.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

this looks great....As mentioned before, color "ohio state" lettering white, so the green doesn't show through..... And maybe add a scarlet outline instead of grey on grey for the endzone lettering... Good job.... BTW I'm awsome at that game... We play it at family reunions... I'm a beast...lol :P

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i know this is YOUR design, but we have some rivalry games coming up and i wanted to try and do something for them or better yet make one for each state championship game in november, and was wondering if you could do one which had the nameplate under the collar like colorado, texas and such does, i have tried a couple of times but the number on the front keeps getting hidden under the arm. if you can't/don't it's no problem, because that is still a sweet design!

sms.gif

Figures that Ohio State fans would be playing a game called "cornhole".

"...Better watch your cornhole" :D

now that i have that out of my system, i think what you got going here is pretty cool. Would this work with pro logos? or is this a mainly college football oriented sport?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Looks great except, Put the field lines on there. I think it looks goofy without them. And if your going to make endzones make them like OSU's real endzones like at Ohio Stadium. The letters on the real field are gray outlined in scarlet and then outlined in white on plain grass. The endzones aren't colored. That is the way the endzones have been for as long as I can remember.

PvO6ZWJ.png

an Update

CORNHOLE6-Converted.png

Mac I can honestly say I am ashamed as a season ticket holder to not actually know the endzone colors. I confirmed this by looking at a pic in my sons bedroom from the '02 Michigan game. I looked at an online pick and thought it was the gray/space/gray.

Speedy, thanks for the pic, thats what I thought I would see and the white is definitely an upgrade.

Moser, my orginal plan was to put Troy on one board and Ted on the other but I dont think I will have time to finish the design get the graphics on the boards and get the polyurethane on in time to be dry.

Lastly mac, I think with the full lines it will clutter the board, thats why I went the direction I did. Thanks to all for the quality C&C.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

• 4 weeks later...

Well here is one of the boards ready for polyurethane. Before you say it, I know the green isn't really the shade I had in mind. The bright green was the lesser of two evils. I only had two shades of green vinyl in the shop and didn't want to wait to order the shade I had in mind. The other was a dark green and I didnt think the graphics would pop as much on it.

bucks1.jpg

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

Archived