Nfl unveils jacksonville super bowl logo

Cuse2000

2674140.jpg

NFL Chief Unveils 2005 Super Bowl Logo

RON WORD

Associated Press

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - With fireworks and lasers going off behind him, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue unveiled the logo for the 2005 Super Bowl: a red bridge spanning a river and the words Super Bowl XXXIX superimposed on the water.

Tagliabue said he expects a successful Super Bowl here because of the character of the community, which had the drive 10 years ago to land an NFL franchise.

"In 14 months, the opportunity to perform will again be seized by this community and acted upon in an extraordinary fashion," Tagliabue said.

Jacksonville, because of a lack of hotel rooms, was initially considered unlikely to get a Super Bowl. But organizers came up with the idea of docking cruise ships in the St. Johns River to use as floating hotels, along with dining and entertainment facilities.

While there are always last-minute details with any Super Bowl "to give you chest pains. We don't see anything of concern," Tagliabue said.

The Feb. 6, 2005, game is expected to have a $250 million economic impact.

Jacksonville Mayor John Peyton said the NFL and the Jaguars have given Jacksonville a sense of pride.

"The NFL is a great venue to tell the Jacksonville success story," Peyton said.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I like the logo allot

Yesterday the Jags hosted a Sunday Night game on what also was the 10th anniversary of Jacksonvill being awarded the NFL's 30th franchise, so they had a cleberation at halftime yesterday so I guess they decided it was the percect time.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I like the logo allot

Yesterday the Jags hosted a Sunday Night game on what also was the 10th anniversary of Jacksonvill being awarded the NFL's 30th franchise, so they had a cleberation at halftime yesterday so I guess they decided it was the percect time.

This would seem to me to be the logical answer, especially since the Jags' present state would suggest they won't have too many opportunities to take the national TV stage next season.  It's a nice logo and yes there are definite similarities to SB XXXVII, but that's not so very unusual for Super Bowl logos.  There's been some overlap in font and format before.

2674140.jpg

Jacksonville, because of a lack of hotel rooms, was initially considered unlikely to get a Super Bowl. But organizers came up with the idea of docking cruise ships in the St. Johns River to use as floating hotels, along with dining and entertainment facilities.

Nice logo, although a little simple, but that cruise ships idea is genius.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Archived