Steinbrenner can now offically KMA!

DJSpeedy

I think the tribe has a long term deal with Buffalo. I think it may have 10+ years left.

The Cleveland Indians-Buffalo Bisons affiliation extends through the 2008 season. Unless they opt to re-up at that time, the Indians would be free to enter into an affiliation agreement with Columbus in time for the 2009 season. Ditto for the Cincinnati Reds-Louisville Bats affiliation.

Of the two Ohio-based Major League teams, I see Cleveland being the most likely to affiliate with Columbus. The Reds seem very happy with their current arrangement in Louisville.

Bottom line? The Clippers will sign a two-year affiliation agreement with the Mets or Orioles (Washington reportedly wants to hook-up with Norfolk), then opt not to renew after the 2008 season... paving the way for the Indians to set-up Triple-A shop in Columbus in time for 2009.

Oh, I thought there was a long term deal my bad. I think I may have been thinking about the Sabres-Amerks affiliation.

Hopefully the O's AAA team in 09 becomes the Bisons.

saBS.png

I think it will be better if Yankees were in Scranton, Cleveland in Coulmbus Mets in Buffalo (THough I wish it was Brooklyn or even dare I say Newark)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It is a given that professional baseball will return to Columbus in 2007 as 3 MLB teams currently don't have AAA teams - Orioles, Nationals, and Mets

Nationals - New Orleans Zyphers

Mets - Norfolk Tide

Orioles - rochester Red Wings

Is this changing or what?

New York Mets AAA Farm club will be the new incarnation of The Montreal Royales.

The Original Montreal Royales were the Brooklyn Dodgers farm club from 1946-1960. :flagcanada:

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

It is a given that professional baseball will return to Columbus in 2007 as 3 MLB teams currently don't have AAA teams - Orioles, Nationals, and Mets

Nationals - New Orleans Zyphers

Mets - Norfolk Tide

Orioles - rochester Red Wings

Is this changing or what?

New York Mets AAA Farm club will be the new incarnation of The Montreal Royales.

The Original Montreal Royales were the Brooklyn Dodgers farm club from 1946-1960. :flagcanada:

And your evidence for this is....what? (Since you'd have to buy and move one of the existing franchises to pull this off.)

(Note: The old Royales franchise is currently in Syracuse, and seems to be happily affiliated with Toronto).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just spoke to a family member in the Hampton Roads area and he said that the rumor there is that the Baltimore Orioles have gained the inside track on landing an affiliation with the Norfolk Tides. How much of an edge they have over the Washington Nationals - another team that would like to strike a deal with the Tides - is anybody's guess.

Meanwhile, the New York Mets are reportedly very interested in setting up shop in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre because it would mean that their Triple-A and Double-A (Binghamton, NY) affiliates would be housed in stadiums just 67 miles apart from each other. So, it appears that the Yankees shifting Triple-A operations to S/W-B isn't a done deal.

that would be awesome if they changed their uniforms to look like the nationals. Right now they wear direct copies of the yankees uniforms, and I've had the same clippers hat for 5 years. I need a new one, and a uniform change gives me a great excuse to get another one.

PvO6ZWJ.png

In addition to the Nationals inking a two-year affiliation agreement with Columbus (Franklin County officials were quite open about their desire to pursue a deal with either Cleveland or Cincinnati in time for 2009), the Yankees have reportedly agreed to place their Triple-A team in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. With Baltimore having the inside track at affiliating with Norfolk, it would appear that the New York Mets will be signing an affiliation deal with the New Orleans Zephyrs.

Archived