OU Gets Screwed

BlueSky

Good God, has there been a more blatant case of "home cooking" in recent memory than what occurred at Oregon today? First, Oregon clearly touched an onsides kick before it went 10 yards, but after review, retained possession because the (Pac 10) officials said OU touched it first. The announcers called the call "ridiculous." Then they called OU for pass interference on a pass that was clearly tipped at the line of scrimmage. After review the penalty stood. Oregon took these fine gifts and scored twice in the final two minutes to win 34-33.

Oregon, their fans, the Pac 10, and the officials should all be ashamed, and the idiot officials should be sanctioned.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was pretty horrible officiating, and this is coming from a guy who loves to see Oklahoma lose. The refs flat out gave the game to Oregon. I didn't think that the home team could have their conference's refs officiate the game. Maybe that will be reconsidered after this mess.

The other thing I wonder is what the head official was seeing in the replay booth. Either he's blind or he didn't see the same camera angles we were seeing. I have no doubt that some sanctions are on the way.

AM.gif

It's not home cooking. In non-conference games it's either refs from the away teams' conference or neutral refs, I can't remember. OU may have been screwed but it's not a home town bias.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

:cry::cry:

its a game

its over

get over it

they are not going to change anything

yes they messed up on both calls

review is retarded and useless....everybody knows it

oregons no going to get a bsc bid if they go undefeated because the bigger richer schools cough notre dame cough will get them

rant over

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

:cry::cry:

its a game

its over

get over it

oregons no going to get a bsc bid if they go undefeated because the bigger richer schools cough notre dame cough will get them

rant over

Wait a minute, were you just bashing Oregon with the old Oregon mascot in your signature?

Or does my sarcasm meter need new batteries?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

:cry:  :cry:

its a game

its over

get over it

rant over

Wait a minute, were you just bashing Oregon with the old Oregon mascot in your signature?

Or does my sarcasm meter need new batteries?

i wanted the ducks to win but they got some help thats all

kinda of an all around messy game

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

That's OK, you could have 2 punt return TDs nullified by a soccer slide tackle by a punter, and a block in the back call that wasn't, as well as a late hit on the QB that was ignored like Florida has had tonight.

Texas A&M-Army is far more entertaining than that ridiculous display on CBS.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Good God, has there been a more blatant case of "home cooking" in recent memory than what occurred at Oregon today? First, Oregon clearly touched an onsides kick before it went 10 yards, but after review, retained possession because the (Pac 10) officials said OU touched it first. The announcers called the call "ridiculous." Then they called OU for pass interference on a pass that was clearly tipped at the line of scrimmage. After review the penalty stood. Oregon took these fine gifts and scored twice in the final two minutes to win 34-33.

Oregon, their fans, the Pac 10, and the officials should all be ashamed, and the idiot officials should be sanctioned.

Oklahoma was also playing a prevent defense on that next-to-last TD drive by Oregon. They have no one but themselves to blame for playing a lax defense.

I think the replay official only gets one camera angle. I remember Fouts mentioning that "this is the only angle the replay judge has".

The refs were from the Pac-10. The conference from which the officials will come in these inter-conference matchups is determined at the time the contracts are made. For instance, when Oregon played in Norman, Big 12 officials officiated that game. Here's guessing OU avoids Pac-10 officials in all future non-conference games at all costs.

Good God, has there been a more blatant case of "home cooking" in recent memory than what occurred at Oregon today?  First, Oregon clearly touched an onsides kick before it went 10 yards, but after review, retained possession because the (Pac 10) officials said OU touched it first.  The announcers called the call "ridiculous."  Then they called OU for pass interference on a pass that was clearly tipped at the line of scrimmage.  After review the penalty stood.  Oregon took these fine gifts and scored twice in the final two minutes to win 34-33.

Oklahoma was also playing a prevent defense on that next-to-last TD drive by Oregon. They have no one but themselves to blame for playing a lax defense.

I think the replay official only gets one camera angle. I remember Fouts mentioning that "this is the only angle the replay judge has".

Every game I've seen they stress that the replay judge's get every angle that is available to the media coverage crew. So if there's one good look at the play, there's one angle. If there's 5 good looks at the play, there's 5 angles.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I saw the end of that game too yesterday. I'm not a "fan" for either team. But, to se a team get jobbed like that is bad. The NCAA looks SO foolish in gereal when "their" announcers are explaining to the audience that "This is not a legal on side klick recovery" or "The ball was definately tipped". Then the refs come out and say "Oregon ball" or "Pass interference"???

It looks too suspicious in whatever way when things are THAT obvious and yet the use of replay is useless. It seems that the Announcers know more of what is going on in the game than the refs. Maybe the Replay Judge neds to be in the TV booth with them. That way the judge can't be so "willingly" blind to the call. The announcers would call-them-out on it.

I would hate to see replay go away. But with what happened yesterday... I guess there really is no use for it.

It's not home cooking. In non-conference games it's either refs from the away teams' conference or neutral refs, I can't remember. OU may have been screwed but it's not a home town bias.

Nope....The officials were from the Pac-10 and Oregon was the home team...That makes the home team's conference officials calling the game....Not to mention the announcer(s) being biased as well, since Dan Fouts went to the U of Oregon and still lives in Oregon...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

It's not home cooking.  In non-conference games it's either refs from the away teams' conference or neutral refs, I can't remember.  OU may have been screwed but it's not a home town bias.

Nope....The officials were from the Pac-10 and Oregon was the home team...That makes the home team's conference officials calling the game....Not to mention the announcer(s) being biased as well, since Dan Fouts went to the U of Oregon and still lives in Oregon...

Mike

Dan Fouts was biased??? Dan Fouts was the main one talking about how horrible of a call it was. So you can't say the announcers were biased...

But yeah, Pac 10 officials have been traditionally iffy, IMO. I didn't see the whole game because I was watching the classic betwixt LSU & Auburn (which had bad officiating as well), but from what I saw of the Oregon game, that game was badly officiated.

Then again, you can't blame the officials for horrible defense, too-too conservative offense, and a blocked kick, in that order.

It's not home cooking.  In non-conference games it's either refs from the away teams' conference or neutral refs, I can't remember.  OU may have been screwed but it's not a home town bias.

Mike

Dan Fouts was biased??? Dan Fouts was the main one talking about how horrible of a call it was. So you can't say the announcers were biased...

But yeah, Pac 10 officials have been traditionally iffy, IMO. I didn't see the whole game because I was watching the classic betwixt LSU & Auburn (which had bad officiating as well), but from what I saw of the Oregon game, that game was badly officiated.

Then again, you can't blame the officials for horrible defense, too-too conservative offense, and a blocked kick, in that order.

I wasn't talking about the calls at the end of the game....I should say he was partial to Oregon....I agree, though....He WAS talking about how bad the calls were...But if you watched the whole game, you could tell who he was for...That's what I meant by being biased....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Mike

Fouts was ridiculous up until the end of the game. He probably dreads the booth shots 'cause he has to get out of his Oregon team gear for a couple of minutes.

As for OU's shortcomings, both teams make mistakes in a game, and Oregon definitely made their share. That's why it's supposed to be a "level playing field" so to speak, where the refs are impartial. Their fairness is meant to ensure that the most deserving team wins. The most deserving team did not win because the refs were not impartial. It's that simple.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I have a theory on why the refs may have blown the calls in the Oregon-Oklahoma game:

Blame the Oregon uniforms.

I mean, looking at those Oregon uniforms is kind of like watching a train wreck. Even after nearly a full game, eventually your eyes are going to concentrate on those goofy uniforms and not on the game. The refs finally got so distracted that they couldn't get the right call.

Maybe that's the beauty of those uniforms if you're an Oregon fan.

I have a theory on why the refs may have blown the calls in the Oregon-Oklahoma game:

Blame the Oregon uniforms.

I mean, looking at those Oregon uniforms is kind of like watching a train wreck. Even after nearly a full game, eventually your eyes are going to concentrate on those goofy uniforms and not on the game. The refs finally got so distracted that they couldn't get the right call.

Maybe that's the beauty of those uniforms if you're an Oregon fan.

No, it's not....I'm from Oregon and am a long-time fan....I can't STAND what Nike has done to them...They are the worst looking uniforms ever for any sport...But you're right, they are distracting....I'm still trying to figure out the crap that was on the shoulders of the jerseys....You know, the same funky design that is on the back bumper of some pick-up trucks....

I know discussion about their uniforms has been beaten to death, but they are horrid....Just plain horrid....About the only thing they would be good for is a halloween costume, because it would be guarenteed to scare someone....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Wow thats a statement but it does not help the Sooners, what a joke there are times like this when a call is so bad its game changing they shoudl reverse the result.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived