OU Gets Screwed

BlueSky

D-e-a-l with this: Oklahoma DID win the game in those previous 57 minutes.  They were ahead, and IF the officials call the onsides kick correctly, OU runs out the clock and wins 33-27.  The video shows that Oregon touched the ball illegally AND the Sooners recovered it.  Most bad calls don't actually determine the outcome of the game.  This one did, and that's why it's different.

-you're ignoring that, in the time they had after the bad call, Oklahoma still could have A) stopped Oregon and B) made a better decision when they had the ball. if it's a bad call and Oklahoma stops the Ducks getting the second touchdown, we're not even having this argument.

-you're also ignoring that Oklahoma were forced into multiple field goals, both at the end of the first half and in the second half, when they were in the red zone - just pointing that out to show that, no, the game was not a blowout like some may insinuate.

-which brings me to point #3: I would argue every call in a game is important, if only for the butterfly-and-hurricane effect; who knows what effect getting that first down will have on a game, not to mention more important calls like this.

Oklahoma could have stopped us after we got the onside kick back, and we also could have gotten an earlier bad call on a fumble back, or not burned possessions or squandered chances earlier in the game. That's the nature of football; hell, that's the nature of sports.

and Oklahoma refusing to come play Washington is being afraid of the Pac-10; it's also showing a complete lack of respect to another BCS conference. the University of Washington have won national championships and have a very strong football tradition; putting them down (however subconsciously) on the level of a MAC, WAC or MEAC team is absurd, and though I despise UW's athletic departments with the fire of a million suns, I will defend them, because they are another one of the traditional powers of my conference. "west coast homer-ism?" perhaps. better than east-coast bias though.

Right.

If the roles were reversed, you'd be howling bloody murder just like the OU fans are.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what many people say, bad officiating can have a strong effect on the outcome of the game. Every missed hold, bad pass interference call, or whatever bad call is made does have a strong effect on the game. It affects the mentality of the team that has been wronged by the call(s) and easily shifts the momentum to the opposing team.

Archived