New Utah Logo?

footballfiji

I was browing rivals and an add for Lowe's Shopping Card came up and this card caught my eye:

UTAH-UT.jpg

I've never seen this logo before. Anyone have a bigger version or an explanation. I know Swoop is the name of their mascot but I've never seen it have its own logo.

Mascot/Nickname History

In the earliest days of University of Utah recorded history, the students and alumni referred to their athletic teams as both the "Utes" and the "Redskins." The dual nickname was officially dropped in favor of "Utes" in 1972, when college campuses became sensitive to the concerns of tribal members. The University of Utah uses Ute as its nickname with permission from the Ute Tribal Council. Although the University of Utah nickname is still Utes, the school introduced a mascot in 1996, with permission from the Ute Tribal Council. "Swoop" represents a red-tailed hawk, a bird indigenous to the state of Utah.

2TEUUtahSwoopHeadWbmp3.jpg2TEUUtahSwoopUWbmp3.jpg

Right now these logos are just for the mascot. If Utah is ever forced to stop using Utes as a nickname, it looks like they have a back-up plan in place.

Right now these logos are just for the mascot. If Utah is ever forced to stop using Utes as a nickname, it looks like they have a back-up plan in place.

Would their nickname be the Utah Hawks or the Utah Swoop? The Utah Swoop sounds like a WNBA team.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived