new diamondbacks look

canis19

This was part of another thread a few weeks ago. I really don't like this hat much--it bores me and also just doesn't look very major league to me. I know it's the A from their jersey font, but I don't like it as a stand-alone logo on their hat, maybe the most important part of their uniform. I also am not ready to buy that this will be the hat. To me, this looks more like an alternate hat for BP or spring training, or even a fashion hat. Maybe I'm just hoping this isn't it.

The more I think about this change, the less excited I get...

This was part of another thread a few weeks ago. I really don't like this hat much--it bores me and also just doesn't look very major league to me. I know it's the A from their jersey font, but I don't like it as a stand-alone logo on their hat, maybe the most important part of their uniform. I also am not ready to buy that this will be the hat. To me, this looks more like an alternate hat for BP or spring training, or even a fashion hat. Maybe I'm just hoping this isn't it.

The more I think about this change, the less excited I get...

it's a fashion hat, I have seen this hat at about every hat club or every glass cage sports for a couple years now. It's the A in the Diamondbacks current font at this moment.

Yeah, this "A" doesn't do it for me solo. I think it's great as part of the wordmark, though, where the two "A"s at either end of "Arizona" form a set of venomous fangs. Clever, and just subtle enough not to be cartoony.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is a fashion cap. The giveaway is the New Era logo on the side. In 1993, when they added the MLB logo to the back of the caps was instead of the New Era logo on the side. While this might be a prototype, this is not the replacement hat as far as I can see. I am also sure the hat will have a home/road/alternate cap selection.

MLB announced their official 2007 styleguide for Uniforms...and the most significant change is affecting the 2001 World Series Champion Arizona Diamondbacks...

Gone is the Teal and Purple of their inception...in is a brick red, black and gold look reminicent of the Houston Astros.

The D'Backs have kept both of their marks the "A" and the "D" (snake)...but have added a sweet 3rd mark which is an lowercase "db" combo that forms the a snake's head.

Definitely a huge upgrade for the D'Backs as far as their Uni's go...but they do look an awful lot like the Astros.

MLB announced their official 2007 styleguide for Uniforms...and the most significant change is affecting the 2001 World Series Champion Arizona Diamondbacks...

Gone is the Teal and Purple of their inception...in is a brick red, black and gold look reminicent of the Houston Astros.

The D'Backs have kept both of their marks the "A" and the "D" (snake)...but have added a sweet 3rd mark which is an lowercase "db" combo that forms the a snake's head.

Definitely a huge upgrade for the D'Backs as far as their Uni's go...but they do look an awful lot like the Astros.

they do look an awful like the Phoenix Coyotes(color wise) more than they do the Astros.

The colors are similar, but I don't think anybody could mistake one logo for another. The D-Backs sedona red looks a lot brighter than the 'stros brick, so even if they played each other in their alts you should be able to tell them apart.

Save the slugalo.

Saying that MLB "announced" the new style guide is utterly moronic. Anyone with VALID access to that site should see in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS the dates which each team is unveiling their look.

I understand some of you want to be the cool guy and be the first one to "uncover" a juicy new tidbit, but you are illegally sharing information that is not yours.

For the love of God, have some respect.

Cards.png

Any changes to the number/letter fonts on the back of the jersey? Do the home jerseys still sport the "A" logo?

Saying that MLB "announced" the new style guide is utterly moronic. Anyone with VALID access to that site should see in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS the dates which each team is unveiling their look.

I understand some of you want to be the cool guy and be the first one to "uncover" a juicy new tidbit, but you are illegally sharing information that is not yours.

Wow, what a buzz-kill. Is that you Bud Selig!?

Isn't that kind of what we do?

Archived