Question for the Fantasy Football Afficianados...

UnderDogX

OK so here's the deal. I'm in this Fantasy Football league and it's my first year ever. My first week was a bomb where I only picked up 64 pts (mainly because Bledsoe is my QB and he sucked like mad week one) anyway the second week has passed and some of my actual roster management skills shown through and I had a league high 120 pts....due in part because LJ smith had a great game as did Coles, Glenn, R. Johnson, and Bledsoe....I wish I would have put in Keyshawn over Brandon Jacobs but I thought with the Eagles front four the Giants would be put in goal line situations and would turn to Jacobs...anyway my question is this...

Rudi Johnson is coming up on a hard hard schedule facing some tough defenses. My other starting RB hasn't panned out (Tatum Bell) and the way I figure that if Rudi drops to getting about 16 pts for a few games and Tatum stays consistent then I'll have about 24 pts between the two of them....I have a trade offer waiting for my approval. A guy wants to trade me D. Rhodes (RB), J. Addai (RB), and L. Jordan (RB) for Johnson and Bell...if Jordan can even up to 12pts a game and Addai or Rhodes stay consistent then I'll be averaging 28pts.....now the way I figure is Jordan has faced two tough D's the first two weeks of the season but upcoming will be facing easy D's and with Brooks out they will rely on him heavily....not to mention Addai is coming into his own and Rhodes has been solid....He also has Kitna (QB) and Carr (QB) who I'm interested in especially with Bledsoe's BYE week....right now my back up is Alex Smith....This could be a huge gamble but could pay off big if it works for me....

Anyway all kidding (ie how did you draft so crappy) aside would you make the trade??

CIDesignSig.png

No.

Addai + Rhodes do not equal Edggerin James.

Indy's a passing team, will always remain a pass-heavy team until Manning is no longer the QB. They're built to be a passing team, and now that Edge has moved to the land of the barrel cactus, the running game is secondary.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

due in part because LJ smith had a great game

Another way fantasy football changes the way people think of players. Good thing for you his game-losing OT drop didn't result in a -1,000,000 point penalty for him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't say LJ was a great player...he had a great game....my first TE choice was a "supposed breakout player" in Ben Troupe....looks like the Titans crap offense took at away so I went with a back up plan....the only guy who at least looked like he might get some looks.....I get what you are saying but I look at this guy no differently from before....he's a decent TE who can score on the occasion...before Stallworth he would have been considerably good to pick simply because McNabb has fimiliarity in him....with Stallworth's apparent ease into the Eagles offense he'll be less of a threat but more profficent considering exactly what happened with the Giants...teams will key in on Stallworth and McNabb will find a familiar target in LJ again....not only that but no team would use an actual cover guy to cover a TE, especially one whose not a particular threat like LJ..........................but that's beside the point... :) The deal, as I stated before, has it's huge upside if Rudi does slack due to heavy D's that he'll be facing in the upcoming weeks....and Jordan and Addai could pick up their effeciency because of Jordan's weaker schedule and back up QB making the Raiders more dependant on him....and Addai's apparent lead over Rhodes as the starter....he's got more explosiveness than Tatum Bell and could be the goal line back as well....Denver has the other Bell and Cobbs who could and would easily be considered the goal line back.....

In the end it's me comparing tandems over players as individuals....and this is where I'm looking for help...

-Basically, with everything I've explained, considering Rudi's tough schedule and Jordan's easier one...it's less about who's better and more about the tandem....Are Rudi Johnson and Tatum Bell going to net me more points than Lamont Jordan and Addai/Rhodes???

CIDesignSig.png

Are there any decent free agent RBs you could pick up?

Indy's a great balanced team, but the problem with that - from a fantasy standpoint - is that you never know which player is going to have a good game (aside from Manning). One week it could be Harrison, the next it could be Wayne, or Addai.

Look and see if you can pick someone up. Some teams have big name running backs that are a hit away from the IR (New England and Carolina for starters).

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

In regards to Tatum Bell not panning out, here's a good rule to go by in the future...

Do not rely on Broncos RB's. You never know what Shanahan's going to do when it comes to running backs. But as long as Mike Bell's still hanging around 4.5 per carry, the two will still be splitting time; even though Tatum's been great at 5.5 ypc. The touchdowns should come, though. A lot of people like to joke that Shanahan hates fantasy footballers.

IUe6Hvh.png

*dubs this the OFFICIAL(!!!) Fantasy Football Advice Thread*

For the record, I play in two leagues with pretty different scoring rules

(1) "Balanced League" refers to the league I run (primarily for n00bs who don't check their rosters <_<), where points for yardage are, well, balanced between passing/rushing/receiving (I figured out the average yardage for the positions, and used rushing as the benchmark), as well as not too steep penalties for defences and kickers screwing up. Generally, if you score less than say 84 points in a week, you suck.

(2) "Old Geezer League" refers to a league I'm in with a bunch of older guys. They use Yahoo! Official! Rules!, which means if your QB isn't named Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, or Carson Palmer, that position is useless, as RBs and WRs are king. Generally, if you score over 80 in a week, you're tearring it up.

At the moment, I'm 0-3-1 for the year (0-2, 0-1-1, respectively), and I'm looking for some definite spark in my offence. I was already offered Jake Plummer for Warrick Dunn (ha!) in the Balanced League, so I'm mulling over some reall trade offers...

a- Willie Parker and Daunte Culpepper are dragging me down now in the Balanced League, so I'm looking at demoting packing them up and shipping them over for Peyton Manning. With Rudi Johnson, Willie Parker, Warrick Dunn, and DeShaun Foster in my backfield, I won't be losing much.

b- Steve Smith is a dog, and the Seahawks are dragging along. So, how about trying to get Peyton for both? The team in the Old Geezer league has Darryl Jackson and Deion Branch, so bonus points there. His WR corps is weak, so Smith would add a boost. Since I'm buzzing about with Fitzgerald and Toomer already at WR, should I just try to have a stacked WR corps, or should I try to make as many spots as good as possible?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

In regards to Tatum Bell not panning out, here's a good rule to go by in the future...

Do not rely on Broncos RB's.  You never know what Shanahan's going to do when it comes to running backs.  But as long as Mike Bell's still hanging around 4.5 per carry, the two will still be splitting time; even though Tatum's been great at 5.5 ypc.  The touchdowns should come, though.  A lot of people like to joke that Shanahan hates fantasy footballers.

And this year he is using two guys with the same last name. What's next identical twins?

Archived