FloPoErich

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this guy is right at all. These are three GREAT logos:

inferno.png

rockies.png

seals.png

Surely the Slug is worse than those. I would add the decapitated Coyote, myself -- most would add the Picasso version. A dalmation for "Inferno" might be a disappointment to some, but come on, it's minor league hockey.

dsgitlin said:

I don't think this guy is right at all. These are three GREAT logos:

Surely the Slug is worse than those. I would add the decapitated Coyote, myself -- most would add the Picasso version. A dalmation for "Inferno" might be a disappointment to some, but come on, it's minor league hockey.

Most of them are pretty bad (New Jersey Rockin'Rollers).

But Colorado Rockies is the one that jumped out at me as not belonging.

i think the worst hockey logos of all time, well, at least the most boring or the most uninspiring were the quebec nordiques logo, the ottawa nationals(old wha) and the vancouver canucks old, old logo. the new jersey devils logo is simple, like those were, but it was well done and clever.

Where are the Mooterus, Syracuse Crunch, most of the Pro Beach League, Las Vegas/Oklahoma Coyotes, Vancouver Voodoo, Atlanta Fire Ants, Halifax Ice Breakers, Quebec Nordiks(not Nordiques)....

I could keep going, but I've gotten bored.

the INferno, Seals, Rockies and Ice Dogs are hardly bad logos. Even the centenials aren't too terribly bad. a bit minor leagueish but its the juniors, it is what it is. The rest are pretty bad and the buffaslug should be top 5 at least.

though probably not the worst, they are pretty bad:

Charlotte Checkers - not a horrible logo but more fit to be on the Icee machine than a hockey uniform.

Miami Matadors - This logo was just silly.

Richmond Renegades - it looked like joe camel witha hockey stick.

Toledo Storm - absolute worst. its like a piece of clip art from Microsoft Word.

Wichita Thunder - see toledo storm. The one they had before their current logo.

Knoxville Speed - Couldn't tell if the logo was flying or rolling.

North Iowa Huskies - looked like they ripped off the old milwaukee bucks.

my lewiston maineiacs dont have a bad logo!! that logo is very representative of hockey players(the stereotype anyway). and the name isnt bad either(ehhhhh.....) i really dont think this logo belongs on there, along with many others, namely the rockies and the inferno.

North Iowa Huskies - looked like they ripped off the old milwaukee bucks.

N. Iowa Huskies logo was similar to the Minnesota Timberwolves logo and I don't know if I would call it a "rip off" because both logos were designed by the same person.

The 70s WHA/NHL abstract logos are simple and what a logo really should be rather than a cartoon figure or characature. They embody the definition of logo and symbol more so than guadish cartoon figures.

Archived