NEW D'Backs and Reds Changes(pg 4)

uniguy22

The Jays just don't get it if they're adding yet another non-blue cap.  I hereby refuse to call them Blue Jays any longer till they come to their senses.

They aren't the "Blue Jays" any more, they are the "Jays". If you loook, they don't write blue jays on the jerseys anymore, just "Jays". They don't want Blue anymore, even though it makes no sense. I also think the fact that they are the only Canadien team it is stupid that they don't have any red in there either anymore. They are missing a golden opportunity. Not to mention they have a pretty decent baseball tradition, why leave it all behind?

They still refer to themselves as the Blue Jays everywhere else tho... tickets, scoreboards, announcers, official releases, etc... this isn't a "Devil Rays" style name cut back.

So is this new "T" cap the only cap they are wearing next season, or is it like a new Alt or Road cap.

In other words, is the current cap going to be used?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They aren't the "Blue Jays" any more, they are the "Jays". If you loook, they don't write blue jays on the jerseys anymore, just "Jays". They don't want Blue anymore, even though it makes no sense. I also think the fact that they are the only Canadien team it is stupid that they don't have any red in there either anymore. They are missing a golden opportunity. Not to mention they have a pretty decent baseball tradition, why leave it all behind?

There's only one baseball team in Canada now, so that means they don't have to compete for the 30-million-person market in Canada by looking "Canadian". That frees them up to compete for the huge market of the rest of the world by looking "cool". It's more likely for some guy in Oklahoma or whatever to buy a Blue Jays cap with graphite (an in color, right?) and a sleek-looking bird than for him to buy a blue and red cap featuring a traditional-looking bird with maple leaf behind its head.

You guys are so funny complaining about orginality:

Braves, Indians, Red Sox, Nationals, Cardinals and Twins all are navy, red and white.

Rangers, Cubs, and Phillies are all blue, red and white.

THere are two orange and Black teams, two blue and orange teams, two gray and blue teams, two all red teams, two predominately black teams (with pinstripes) it's ridiculous.

The new D-Backs colors are excellent.

You beat me to it. It is kind of ridiculous isn't it?

For god sake, the Nationals uniform color set is a copy of the Cardinals. The difference is the logo, but red hat at home & navy away seems to be okay 'round here I guess.

It's just a black hat with a stylized "T" from the away jersey wordmark without the bird on a black hat.

Artist's Rendition:

777jo4.png

Additional proof that God will never stop punishing Canadians for Snow...

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

no offense but some guy in Oklahoma isn't wearing a Canadien hat. He's too busy banging his sister (just kidding).

I see your point, but why try to reach a market you probably won't get, when you can make sure you get the market you can get. Canadiens in Vancouver are probably Mariner fans, but if you give them a national reason, maybe you can swing a few of the younger ones or atleast make them the second team. Nationalism is a great way to make money.

The alternate Jays hat is just an alternate. It looks exactly the same, it is basically just the "T" from the away jersey in a hate with a little more of a cursive feel to it.

It's just a black hat with a stylized "T" from the away jersey wordmark without the bird on a black hat.

Artist's Rendition:

777jo4.png

Thats just horrible....don't get me wrong, I like the rendition, just don't like the hat. UGH! The new Jays bird logo would look so nice on a BLUE hat, why don't they just do it like that?

A lot of people buy team merchandise for teams they don't care about and never will care about (and sometimes even sports they'll never care about). I know a few people who'll wear a Red Sox cap because they're name is Bob, or a Rangers cap because they're named Tom. And look at a few rap videos, some of those guys pick a hat just because it matches the color of their shoes.... Or because the logo on it looks cool.

A lot of people buy team merchandise for teams they don't care about and never will care about (and sometimes even sports they'll never care about). I know a few people who'll wear a Red Sox cap because they're name is Bob, or a Rangers cap because they're named Tom. And look at a few rap videos, some of those guys pick a hat just because it matches the color of their shoes.... Or because the logo on it looks cool.

which is fine, but you don't build a buisness model on that. You go after the low hanging fruit first.

Artist's Rendition:

777jo4.png

I'd say that would look good. But given the current cap, I'd expect the T to be much, MUCH larger. WAY too big. Like the current cap logo.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

which is fine, but you don't build a buisness model on that. You go after the low hanging fruit first.

See, I think a lot of sports marketing lately does exactly that. They ASSUME the low hanging fruit will fall in to the baskets no matter what they do, and they market to the non-fan.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I'm lame, I know, but I own a Nat's cap only because my initials are "DC" ... although they executed the logo in a way that I liked; it still had to be aesthetically pleasing.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

You guys are so funny complaining about orginality:

Braves, Indians, Red Sox, Nationals, Cardinals and Twins all are navy, red and white.

Rangers, Cubs, and Phillies are all blue, red and white.

THere are two orange and Black teams, two blue and orange teams, two gray and blue teams, two all red teams, two predominately black teams (with pinstripes) it's ridiculous.

The new D-Backs colors are excellent.

You beat me to it. It is kind of ridiculous isn't it?

For god sake, the Nationals uniform color set is a copy of the Cardinals. The difference is the logo, but red hat at home & navy away seems to be okay 'round here I guess.

While the color scheme is close to the same as the Cardinals, and many other teams, there are plenty of differences that aren't just the logos.

One being the Cardinals use no gold (outside of the Busch Stadium patch this year), they use a definate yellow, and a slim amount (only in the logo).

The other is that while the Nationals go completely red at home and completely navy on the road, the Cardinals maintain red as their primary color both places.

The hat goes navy, adn the belt goes navy. Script stays red. Numbers stay red. Names stay red. Shoes stay red. They still have an enormous amount of red in their aways.

But yes, I think it is a bit odd to yell at the D-backs for copying the Astros when so many other teams are similar.

I just wish the D-backs would have gotten their own shades of the colors. I believe Pantone reported earlier they were exactly the same.

There's only one baseball team in Canada now, so that means they don't have to compete for the 30-million-person market in Canada by looking "Canadian". That frees them up to compete for the huge market of the rest of the world by looking "cool". It's more likely for some guy in Oklahoma or whatever to buy a Blue Jays cap with graphite (an in color, right?) and a sleek-looking bird than for him to buy a blue and red cap featuring a traditional-looking bird with maple leaf behind its head.

They have a rich history using the maple leaf and a double blue/red scheme. If they wanted to tweek with the desigin of the bird and wordmarks that would fine.

Instead what they did was piss away 30 years of tradition that included two WS titles, and also ditched the element of their identity that made them seem like Canada's team (the maple leaf). Basically it seemed like they were trying to distance themselves from Canada, and it really seemed like a slap in the face.

I have news for you, someone in Oklahoma isn't going to buy a Blue Jays cap, regardless of what's on it.

and amen to them phasing out red. All the Bucco needs is a yellow/black do rag.

IMO he looks way better without any of the red:

PIT_1275.gif

DBacks on top, Astros on bottom:

HOU-AZ.gif

What a :censored:ing joke.

On the Mac I'm looking at, the one on top is red, and the one on the bottom is orange! *LOL* Yeah I know these monitors at school need to be calibrated to REAL colors! *LOL*

Archived