NEW D'Backs and Reds Changes(pg 4)

uniguy22

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's unknown, at least on the Diamondbacks' uniforms, is what color the undershirts, stirrups and belts will be on each uniform. It should be safe to assume it will be brick red on the homes; there's a chance it could be black on the aways. In the case of the Reds, it's pretty safe to say that those colors will be Red (ad I assume they will be de-emphasizing black). Also, with the Reds, it should be safe to assume the number placement on the jerseys will be exactly as they are on the current set (and the way it has been for decades).

Does anyone know when each uniform is expected to be officially unveiled?

Everything is red except for the Reds' socks (white) and the undershirts for the red alts (black).

The D-backs will be announcing their change November 11th. Other changes to be announced in November are the Cubs (15th) and Dodgers (29th). A pair of NL central teams will announce their changes on December 1st, and a South Florida team will show their change on December 15th. Everything else will be shown in 2007.

Save the slugalo.

a South Florida team will show their change on December 15th

More teal? It's deserving of a comeback.

And if the Reds are wearing white socks, might this signal a uniform, team-wide return to... stirrups?

Two speculative things I'd really like to see come to fruition...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Pirates alternate home is not so good. It is a red vest and the hat is the basic Pirates hat with a red bill. Yuck.

:therock:

PIT_4935.gif

I thought the Pirates were getting away from the wildly unnecessary addition of red... just another exhibit in the case against a franchise that doesn't know up from down.

What the hell are you talking about? Like I said, the only red we have is on the primary logo.. its the bandana on the pirate head.

I'm not too sure if I like the D-backs new colors/logos. The new db snake head it pretty cool, also the font is futuristic and I like that too. But I'm not sure if I like the colors. Purple and teal looked pretty nice, I hold out judgement until I see the new uniforms.

Also this is kind of off topic but, after the fan protest here is Baltimore, Angelos hinted that he might put Baltimore back on the road jerseys (after he blamed the fans for the low payroll and lack of winning :rolleyes: ). I know they already missed the dealine for this year so it couldn't happen until 2008, but I'm still pretty excited. But then again Angelos has made alot of empty promises in the past 9 years.

I can't wait until the media here picks this up...The team will not have any fans left!

Kind of shallow fan base then.

I hate the new Jays look, but I'm still a fan.

It's Phoenix.

There are no real fans here (other than the Suns). No other team has been here long enough to build a true fan base. You go to the baseball games and half the people are wearing the other team's jerseys.

Most people, like myself, rooted for a team (Cardinals in my case) their entire lives. Then in 1998 the D-Backs started. I root for them as my home team, but I can never abandon the team I was a fan of my entire life.

Phx is a bandwagon town.

The Suns have been here since 1968 and really are the only local team with a true following.

Plus, most people in Phx have moved here from somewhere else. There are very few of us Arizona natives around.

How long have you been here. We're not bandwagon fans, we root for the teams that are from our hometowns. No one in Arizona is from Arizona.

The fans for the most part could care less that Gonzalez is going free. They are rooting for him and cheering louder, but I haven't heard anyone say it's a bad move. Gonzo is past his prime.

a South Florida team will show their change on December 15th

And if the Reds are wearing white socks, might this signal a uniform, team-wide return to... stirrups?

I was thinking along the same lines. What difference could it possibly make what color socks they players wear, when most of them have their pants dragging all the way down to their shoe-laces? You can't see them anyway. :therock:

metslogo_215.gif

DBacks on top, Astros on bottom:

HOU-AZ.gif

What a  :censored:ing joke.

On the Mac I'm looking at, the one on top is red, and the one on the bottom is orange! *LOL* Yeah I know these monitors at school need to be calibrated to REAL colors! *LOL*

I don't know why you guys all think they look so similar...its Sooooo obvious that the D-Backs' black is darker than the Astros' black. DUH!

:P

Everyone jokes about the colors being so similar, but its not that bad. the dodgers and royals are almost identical. as a matter of fact, when the astros and dbacks are side by side, a lot of you will se what i saw a few years back. the astros "brick" is actually a toned down nod to the orange of the rainbow days, and the black, being slightly lightened looks close to navy. if they were to change to one of the darker navy blues teams are using, most wouldnt even catch it.

Everyone jokes about the colors being so similar, but its not that bad. the dodgers and royals are almost identical. as a matter of fact, when the astros and dbacks are side by side, a lot of you will se what i saw a few years back. the astros "brick" is actually a toned down nod to the orange of the rainbow days, and the black, being slightly lightened looks close to navy. if they were to change to one of the darker navy blues teams are using, most wouldnt even catch it.

But the Dodgers and Royals play each other, what, every few years now? How often will the Astros play the Diamondba--I mean, D'Backs?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I can't wait until the media here picks this up...The team will not have any fans left!

Kind of shallow fan base then.

I hate the new Jays look, but I'm still a fan.

It's Phoenix.

There are no real fans here (other than the Suns). No other team has been here long enough to build a true fan base. You go to the baseball games and half the people are wearing the other team's jerseys.

Most people, like myself, rooted for a team (Cardinals in my case) their entire lives. Then in 1998 the D-Backs started. I root for them as my home team, but I can never abandon the team I was a fan of my entire life.

Phx is a bandwagon town.

The Suns have been here since 1968 and really are the only local team with a true following.

Plus, most people in Phx have moved here from somewhere else. There are very few of us Arizona natives around.

How long have you been here. We're not bandwagon fans, we root for the teams that are from our hometowns. No one in Arizona is from Arizona.

The fans for the most part could care less that Gonzalez is going free. They are rooting for him and cheering louder, but I haven't heard anyone say it's a bad move. Gonzo is past his prime.

How long have I been here?

I was born in Phoenix. How can you NOT say Phoenix is a bandwagon town? Were you here in 2001? Everyone was wearing Diamondbacks gear 24/7. Now you rarely see a Diamondbacks hat on anyone that isn't a little kid or at the game. Now everyone's a Cardinals fan all of the sudden when people think they're going to be good. When they start losing again nobody will care about them.

Hell, even the Suns...nobody went to the games 3 years ago, even though they have the most loyal fan base in the valley.

Phoenix = Bandwagon

Phoenix AND South Florida games are always a mixed fan base. Those two areas are full of fans that have moved from up north or where ever. When the Yankees or Red Sox play the Marlins the attendance shoots way up and you can't even spot one bit of teal in the stands. So I know what you mean. The year the Marlins won their second title the attendance was so horrible in the games OTHER than the Yankees and Sox that they even tried using cheerleaders and a hot tub in the outfield bleachers to draw attendance. By the time they got to the NLCS all of the bandwagon fans came out of the woodwork.

Just wondering, is it just me or have pro sports teams logos been leaked here 4 times in a row. ducks, sabres, dbacks, reds. I cant think of any teams that have released logos that have not been leaked.

sabres weren't leaked on here

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

There already is a fan backlash in Phoenix over the non re-signing of Luis Gonzalez. I can't wait until the media here picks this up...The team will not have any fans left!

You mean people in PHX actually wanted to keep that joke of a player? (Note how his production has fallen once the steroid testing really picked up)...

Anyway, that's why fans shouldn't be GMs, apparently...

What's unknown, at least on the Diamondbacks' uniforms, is what color the undershirts, stirrups and belts will be on each uniform.  It should be safe to assume it will be brick red on the homes; there's a chance it could be black on the aways.  In the case of the Reds, it's pretty safe to say that those colors will be Red (ad I assume they will be de-emphasizing black).  Also, with the Reds, it should be safe to assume the number placement on the jerseys will be exactly as they are on the current set (and the way it has been for decades).

Does anyone know when each uniform is expected to be officially unveiled?

Everything is red except for the Reds' socks (white) and the undershirts for the red alts (black).

The D-backs will be announcing their change November 11th. Other changes to be announced in November are the Cubs (15th) and Dodgers (29th). A pair of NL central teams will announce their changes on December 1st, and a South Florida team will show their change on December 15th. Everything else will be shown in 2007.

Could it be just the 1997 anniversary patch or some type of recolorization to bring back teal? :therock:

1997 | 2003

Archived