NEW D'Backs and Reds Changes(pg 4)

uniguy22

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team has more to their history.

Yeah, like losing!

<_< Sometimes I don't know why I say things I say. <_<

You know, if you don't know why you say them, then just don't. This is the Sports Logos forum, not the Sports in General forum. If you want to start something there about the Cubs, I'd be glad to talk about the 10 pennants the franchise won 1906-1945. Or the 6 NL titles the club won pre-1901. That's all CFBM is asking be celebrated, as opposed to the '69 team. And I'm all for it. As to your childish comments, keep them to yourself, or take them to Viva El Birdos where people care...

Moose

The Reds running man has been running the wrong direction since they changed him in 1999.  For years he ran to the right, now he runs to the left.  It's awkward, especiall now that they've putting him over top of the "C" in the logo again.

Same goes for the Bengals tiger head logo and the leaping tiger.  They should be going to the right, just as the pictures and icons of helmets always should face that way.

See, now I think having him run to the left is correct, because it's like standing at home plate and watching him run from 1st - 2nd or 2nd - 3rd. (Or, even more to the point, standing on the mound and watching him run all the bases.

Good point! But, I still think these things need to run to the right, even though it's wrong baseball-wise in this case. The Bengals have no excuse, though.

Has anyone noticed that one of the networks (NBC, I think) reverses the Bengals tiger head logo so that it's looking to the right? The JC Penney Christmas catalog did this last year, as well.

Yeah, like losing!

You know, if you don't know why you say them, then just don't. This is the Sports Logos forum, not the Sports in General forum. If you want to start something there about the Cubs, I'd be glad to talk about the 10 pennants the franchise won 1906-1945. Or the 6 NL titles the club won pre-1901. That's all CFBM is asking be celebrated, as opposed to the '69 team. And I'm all for it. As to your childish comments, keep them to yourself, or take them to Viva El Birdos where people care...

Moose

A lift of a 20oz plastic cup of Budweiser to you sir....

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Yeah, like losing!

Moose

Dude, I was joking around. Take it easy. Sheesh. Note the statement at the end. Means I don't know why I just say stupid stuff. That's all it was intending to be. Wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Most people realize I'm joking when I put something like that at the end. It's self-depricating humor. I like to usually make fun of myself. Don't get so defensive. You'll be able to tell if I'm trying to be serious.

Besides, the Cardinals 9 World Series Titles is second only to the Yankees. B)

I am going to miss the old unis. However, about these new ones, I am in like with them. I like the d-snake and how that will look on the red cap. I don't like the db logo and I dispise the D-Backs on the home jersey. If you think Diamondbacks is too long of a nickname then just change it. This would be like "Phils" instead of Phillies, "SAWX" instead of Red Sox, "Bucs" instead of Pirates. Its rediculous.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about shortening team names on jerseys. Its done all of the time and still looks fine.

Supersonics - Sonics

Blue Jays - Jays

White Sox - Sox

Devil Rays - Rays

Red Sox - Pathetic

oops! just joking...seriously, I love Da Sawx!

D-Backs is actually kind of cool. It would look dumb to have :

D I A M O N D B A C K S

on a jersey. It would damn near wrap around the front and back.

the diamondbacks had something like that but it looked like this....

nl_1998_arizona.gif

I actually have that road hat. I think that I will start wearing it more. Actually, I think that all the D-Backs needed to do was take out the purple. It would have looked fine with black, copper, and turquoise.

Just a few things Cubs fans...

He doesn't speak for all of us. Many of us Cardinals fans are well aware of the rich history the cubs have. Despite the lack of modern championships, they still brought us Ivy, "Lets Play Two," "Hey Hey," "Cubs win!," (hey some of us Cardinal fans know that "Hey Hey" is not a Harry Carey thing) and some of the best looking throwbacks out there (1908) Not to mention the previous part about the Pennants and NL championships.

Viva El Birdos, the Phrase:

Its not meant to be a direct Spanish phrase. Its meant to be Spanglish and it was created by Hall of Famer Orlando Cepeda. "El Birdos" is the nickname of the 1967 championship team (and also the 1968 team) given by Cepeda. So if you treat "El Birdos" as a name (because it is), Viva "El Birdos" would make sense.

Viva El Birdos, the site:

Its actually my favorite cardinals board with very knowledgeable, honest posters. They don't puff up the Cardinals like most others do, and they know that the most likely scenario this year is a Cardinals first round "Also played" The guy that runs it keeps a very tight ship and the nonsense cubs/cards bashing is kept to the MLB board. If you only visit it on a Cubs/Cards series, you'll see the trolls from both sides come out. But check it out on any other day, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

That is all.

Yeah, like losing!

Moose

It's a freaking message board. Calm the heck down.

He doesn't speak for all of us. ....

Thanks for the post, pcqd. To be honest, I didn't know he was a Cardinals fan. Doesn't bother me that he is. For the most part, I've found the Cards-Cubs rivalry to be a lot of fun, whether I'm in St. Louis or Chicago. Not much bad blood at all.

Good info on the "Birdos"... proof we can all learn more about each other's teams.

But back to the topic. The point in bringing the Cubs into this D-Backs/Reds thread was the "unveiling" that was listed as due Nov. 15. Any word on what this is (other than the names' return) or any of the other changes Tazz listed? Surely if someone has access to the style guide for the Cincy/Arizona sheets, they know at least some of the other changes.

Yeah, like losing!

Moose

Dude, I was joking around. Take it easy. Sheesh. Note the statement at the end. Means I don't know why I just say stupid stuff. That's all it was intending to be. Wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Most people realize I'm joking when I put something like that at the end. It's self-depricating humor. I like to usually make fun of myself. Don't get so defensive. You'll be able to tell if I'm trying to be serious.

Besides, the Cardinals 9 World Series Titles is second only to the Yankees. B)

Seriously. What's with the uppity Cubs fans? Still steaming their brats over Leon Durham.

I don't know why you guys all think they look so similar...its Sooooo obvious that the D-Backs' black is darker than the Astros' black. DUH!

How much more black could it be? And the answer is none. None more black.

:blink:

you know I was joking.....right?

:therock:

whooooooooosh

someone needs to watch more movies

sorry, but other than posting on this board while I'm at work I have little time to for movies or anything else really. So call me uncultured if you may but its not like your reference was THAT obvious.

I am going to miss the old unis. However, about these new ones, I am in like with them. I like the d-snake and how that will look on the red cap. I don't like the db logo and I dispise the D-Backs on the home jersey. If you think Diamondbacks is too long of a nickname then just change it. This would be like "Phils" instead of Phillies, "SAWX" instead of Red Sox, "Bucs" instead of Pirates. Its rediculous.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about shortening team names on jerseys. Its done all of the time and still looks fine.

Supersonics - Sonics

Blue Jays - Jays

White Sox - Sox

Devil Rays - Rays

Red Sox - Pathetic

oops! just joking...seriously, I love Da Sawx!

D-Backs is actually kind of cool. It would look dumb to have :

D I A M O N D B A C K S

on a jersey. It would damn near wrap around the front and back.

the diamondbacks had something like that but it looked like this....

nl_1998_arizona.gif

Yeah, but that look is pretty played out by now.

DIAMOND

BACKS

is a little better than DIAMONDBACKS

...but not by much.

I don't know why you guys all think they look so similar...its Sooooo obvious that the D-Backs' black is darker than the Astros' black. DUH!

How much more black could it be? And the answer is none. None more black.

:blink:

you know I was joking.....right?

:therock:

whooooooooosh

someone needs to watch more movies

sorry, but other than posting on this board while I'm at work I have little time to for movies or anything else really. So call me uncultured if you may but its not like your reference was THAT obvious.

Everybody needs to slow down and Smell The Glove.

Get it? :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Original Posting in Arizona Republic

Internet leak gives early peek at new logo

The Arizona Republic

Sept. 26, 2006 12:00 AM

In the age of the Internet, nothing stays under wraps for too long. Not even major league fashion.

Take the Diamondbacks' new color scheme and logos, for example.

Over the weekend somebody posted the Arizona page from Major League Baseball's Official 2007 Style Guide for Uniforms on a message board.

Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall said it was a "bummer" that the information, due for a November release, was leaked.

Maybe, but The Heat Index claims that the Sedona Red and black combination, with some different lettering, might be more popular than originally anticipated.

Besides, purple and teal was so 2005.

I read this in the paper this morning and this site automatically came to mind.

Everyone jokes about the colors being so similar, but its not that bad. the dodgers and royals are almost identical. as a matter of fact, when the astros and dbacks are side by side, a lot of you will se what i saw a few years back. the astros "brick" is actually a toned down nod to the orange of the rainbow days, and the black, being slightly lightened looks close to navy. if they were to change to one of the darker navy blues teams are using, most wouldnt even catch it.

But the Dodgers and Royals play each other, what, every few years now? How often will the Astros play the Diamondba--I mean, D'Backs?

Prior to this past season, the Royals and Dodgers played a lot in the preseason, and there wasn't much of a mixup there.

Also, it's not like the DBacks and Astros are going to be wearing the same style unis, one will be home and one will still be away.

He doesn't speak for all of us.  ....

Thanks for the post, pcqd. To be honest, I didn't know he was a Cardinals fan. Doesn't bother me that he is. For the most part, I've found the Cards-Cubs rivalry to be a lot of fun, whether I'm in St. Louis or Chicago. Not much bad blood at all.

Good info on the "Birdos"... proof we can all learn more about each other's teams.

But back to the topic. The point in bringing the Cubs into this D-Backs/Reds thread was the "unveiling" that was listed as due Nov. 15. Any word on what this is (other than the names' return) or any of the other changes Tazz listed? Surely if someone has access to the style guide for the Cincy/Arizona sheets, they know at least some of the other changes.

As I mentioned before, I was KIDDING! I know the rich history the Cubs have. Heck, the Cubs-Cards Rivalry was one of the greatest in sports because it was a friendly rivalry, example, 1998 with McGwire and Sosa chasing Maris. When Darryl Kile died in his Chicago Hotel Room, the Cubs not only were willing to postpone the game, a VERY tearful Joe Girardi (who joined the Cards the next season, but never played due to injuries) addressed the fans and wish their deepest sympothies to his family and the Cardinals family, fans included.

Where's the Love now, you might ask? Two words.....DUSTY BAKER. The guy started crap in San Fran and he did it in Chicago. May take awhile to get back to the condition it was in before, but if they got rid of him, this rivalry would probably start to become friendly again. Plus, he has just ruined your team, period. I know there has been absolutely crappy luck as far as injuries (I actually do feel bad about all those. Cubs are a better ballclub than what they usually have to field), Dusty has just done nothing. I sincerely hope they don't bring him back. For the Cubs sake. From a Cards fan. B)

Archived