NEW D'Backs and Reds Changes(pg 4)

uniguy22

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the apparent getting rid of pinstripes--Reds don't need them.

Neither do the Diamondbacks, but ... do we know for sure that they're gone? Can anyone confirm that CIN and ARI are officially dropping the pinstripes?

Perhaps someone who's seen the style-guide for the Yankees can confirm whether NYY shows the pinstripes behind its home logo -- which would indicate that the lack of DBacks and Reds pins mean their unis are also pin-free.

I really like the REDS new look. Nothing to complain about really. As stated before, the Old Time look is just perfect for that team. Hmmm How would "REDSTOCKINGS" look in that font on an alternate?

Arizona did a nice job. The "D-backs" word mark seems odd just becasue it's shortened, but I could used to it. I agree a copper color would be a lot nicer since the Astros are using the dark red. If the Astros never changed, I would have no issues with them using this color scheme.

Excuse me. Now we all know you have something to hide, anything you can give us thats pretty major other than the Reds and D Backs?

Other than new BP stuff, there is nothing I would consider major. We already know about the names on the Cubs and Dodgers uniforms, a couple teams are getting new red alts, a lot of teams are dropping or adding patches, and the Canadian team is getting a new cap.

new red alts???? This only leaves it open to a few teams:

Definite guesses:

- Cardinals

- Angels

- Phillies

Other guesses (possibly a stretch):

- Indians

- Rangers

- Twins

You named one of them. :P

Save the slugalo.

Didn't the Twins toy with a red alt several years back, one that never made it to the field--even modeling it once?

Oh no, that alt made it onto the field, in 1996. Red, with white lettering and numbering outlined in blue. ESPN pounded it mercilessly, calling the "Dairy Queen" uniform. One game, the Twins were wearing it, and SportsCenter showed a highlight... with a Dairy Queen ad behind the batter. Patrick and Olbermann lost it then and there and could barely finish the segment.

Personally, I liked it. I'd love to get my hands on a Molitor one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Diamondbacks: Overall I like it but I hate the shorten D-back script. Teams shouldn't shorten their name for the uniforms. Either go with Diamondbacks (one word) or the A or D logo like they currently have. I like the Arizona acript and I think the DB logo is creative, although the nickname is one word again. The color scheme fits Phoenix and the other Phoenix team with the exception of the Suns. They aren't exact but are close to the 'Yotes and to a lsser extent Cardinals. That said it may be to close to the Astros colors.

Reds: I live the Reds set. Black works for them but they had gone overboard with it. It appears that they are reducing it to a trim color only which works. I love the old running man logo.

Yeah, they've already dumped the graphite cap. Since I doubt they would bring it back, blue is really the only option they have left, and that's a good thing.

what about white, or different colored cap/visor combos. blue/graphite, blue/black, graphite/black, blue/white

The Al-Qaeda of Design Decency strike again.

.... led by Osama bin Creamer? :blink:

Yep, because Al-Qaeda is all about leaking information. That's quite the four-star metaphor you've cranked out there, Tommy Boy. If your logo design is anything like your use of linguistic devices... Oh, right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived