NEW D'Backs and Reds Changes(pg 4)

uniguy22

Wow, I'm ENTIRELY too excited about the dropping of "The Canadian team will get a new cap."

Even more excited, actually, than the prospect of one of the "red alt" teams being MY team (the Indians).

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, because Al-Qaeda is all about leaking information. That's quite the four-star metaphor you've cranked out there, Tommy Boy. If your logo design is anything like your use of linguistic devices... Oh, right.

hahahaha awesome :D

Wow, I'm ENTIRELY too excited about the dropping of "The Canadian team will get a new cap."

Yeah but watch he probably means the Washington Nationals. :P

HA! that is ABSOLUTELY the first thing I thought, too. I'm just going to ignore that thought, though.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I don't like either.

I'm not a fan of perfectly horizontal scripts in baseball, nor abbreviated team names, and the D'backs do both. Even though it puts them more in line with the Coyotes, it's a fairly distinctive color combination that we already associate with Houston, even if Phoenix does in fact deserve it more. Using a D on all the hats instead of an A is a huge misfire, in my opinion. The db logo is a fine alt, I guess, but the D-Snake should've been retired. The new typeface looks slapped-on and isn't very good in the first place.

The Reds. What was the ONE thing that everyone wanted the Reds to do and expected the Reds to do? All we heard was how the new owner didn't want all that black in there, and yet there it is, cluttering up everything. The font isn't really right, in my opinion. The Reds should've stuck with a serifed or sans-serif block lettering for everything.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't know, I'm digging the Reds font. I'm just not a fan of that incarnation of Mr. Red. The Diamondbacks did a good job as a whole, but I don't agree at all with "D-Backs" being on the front of the unis. There's got to be a better way!

I guess there's a good and a bad to everything, no?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I like both of these.

On their own.

Together, they look way too similar, the fonts at least. I love the both fonts, but they really have a similar vibe going. I think it works for the Reds better.

The d-backs upgrade is mostly that, an upgrade in my eyes. Although its another team with red, or reddish color, it works for them. THe snake logo D is really cool as is the db snake logo. Looks much better without the space, but then it just looks like a snake head and not db. So, I dunno.

The reds upgrade is just awesome. The numbers really stick out as a key part for me. I think they just look great. Have to see teh whole package of course on the field, cause the numbers could come out looking way too busy, esspecially if they have a drop shaddow on the name, number, everything. The only thing I don't like is the Alt Logo. sticking the running red in front of the C just is too much. The running man is pretty cool by himself.

If the Cardinals get a Red Alt I may puke on my keyboard. Of course last time I said that (Bears in orange) it happened. Ugh.

Excuse me. Now we all know you have something to hide, anything you can give us thats pretty major other than the Reds and D Backs?

Other than new BP stuff, there is nothing I would consider major. We already know about the names on the Cubs and Dodgers uniforms, a couple teams are getting new red alts, a lot of teams are dropping or adding patches, and the Canadian team is getting a new cap.

new red alts???? This only leaves it open to a few teams:

Definite guesses:

- Cardinals

- Angels

- Phillies

Other guesses (possibly a stretch):

- Indians

- Rangers

- Twins

You named one of them. :P

Looking right now .. I am suprised this certain NL team is getting a red alt. Yo Ho!

I don't like either.

I'm not a fan of perfectly horizontal scripts in baseball, nor abbreviated team names, and the D'backs do both. Even though it puts them more in line with the Coyotes, it's a fairly distinctive color combination that we already associate with Houston, even if Phoenix does in fact deserve it more. Using a D on all the hats instead of an A is a huge misfire, in my opinion. The db logo is a fine alt, I guess, but the D-Snake should've been retired. The new typeface looks slapped-on and isn't very good in the first place.

The Reds. What was the ONE thing that everyone wanted the Reds to do and expected the Reds to do? All we heard was how the new owner didn't want all that black in there, and yet there it is, cluttering up everything. The font isn't really right, in my opinion. The Reds should've stuck with a serifed or sans-serif block lettering for everything.

Wow, I actually agree with you on everything you said. I need to go lie down.

If the Pirates are getting a red alt, as the "yo ho" above hinted, I will be upset. I loved their black jersey, and I thought it would have looked great with yellow/white lettering in the new font.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I was also wondering about the lack of pinstripes for both teams, though that seems to still be a question mark at this time. Are we safe to assume that the white and grey backgrounds for the sleeve emblems for the Reds means no more vests as well?

You know, I was just thinking that, I think that's not a bad guess.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived