NEW D'Backs and Reds Changes(pg 4)

uniguy22

I am going to miss the old unis. However, about these new ones, I am in like with them. I like the d-snake and how that will look on the red cap. I don't like the db logo and I dispise the D-Backs on the home jersey. If you think Diamondbacks is too long of a nickname then just change it. This would be like "Phils" instead of Phillies, "SAWX" instead of Red Sox, "Bucs" instead of Pirates. Its rediculous.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about shortening team names on jerseys. Its done all of the time and still looks fine.

Supersonics - Sonics

Blue Jays - Jays

White Sox - Sox

Devil Rays - Rays

Red Sox - Pathetic

oops! just joking...seriously, I love Da Sawx!

D-Backs is actually kind of cool. It would look dumb to have :

D I A M O N D B A C K S

on a jersey. It would damn near wrap around the front and back.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm too lazy to sift through all the old posts, but I like the upgrade, but the colors are sorta taken so I don't think it looks nice. About the db. It's creative, but isn't Diamondbacks one word? so why the db. Also, I don't care about long names that get shortend. Long names that is. Dbacks, Sonics, A's, Knicks. I wouldn't want to see Stros on a uniform any time soon. As for the Pirates...no Bucs. Their nickname doesn't need a nickname. It's alright to call them that, but I'd never want to see that on a jersey...and amen to them phasing out red. All the Bucco needs is a yellow/black do rag.

KISSwall09.jpg

They have sleeve piping.  The roads aren't the usual grey, either.

Well, I hope they're not sand. I don't think this is the right shade to pull off what San Diego's done.

Regardless, I am intrigued... Graphite? :D

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

so... any word on that jays cap? :therock:

That's what I'm in here for, too.

Spill it, someone!

(Sorry, that sounded rude. I'm just excited, being a cap guy and all.)

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

They have sleeve piping.  The roads aren't the usual grey, either.

Well, I hope they're not sand. I don't think this is the right shade to pull off what San Diego's done.

Regardless, I am intrigued... Graphite? :D

It's just a black hat with a stylized "T" from the away jersey wordmark without the bird on a black hat.

The Jays just don't get it if they're adding yet another non-blue cap. I hereby refuse to call them Blue Jays any longer till they come to their senses.

They aren't the "Blue Jays" any more, they are the "Jays". If you loook, they don't write blue jays on the jerseys anymore, just "Jays". They don't want Blue anymore, even though it makes no sense. I also think the fact that they are the only Canadien team it is stupid that they don't have any red in there either anymore. They are missing a golden opportunity. Not to mention they have a pretty decent baseball tradition, why leave it all behind?

Although I often wear one, I have never understood the Reds' red cap with black bill. It just doesn't work for me the way most teams' two tone caps do. Braves' cap works. Indians cap works. Orioles cap works. A's cap has been around long enough, even it sort of works for me. Never really bought the Reds' red-crown, black-bill cap, same way I didn't like the Twins' red-crown, navy bill cap from pre-1987. I don't know, I really hoped the Reds would relegate black to a trim color only, including that bill.

The Pirates alternate home is not so good. It is a red vest and the hat is the basic Pirates hat with a red bill. Yuck.

:therock:

PIT_4935.gif

I thought the Pirates were getting away from the wildly unnecessary addition of red... just another exhibit in the case against a franchise that doesn't know up from down.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You guys are so funny complaining about orginality:

Braves, Indians, Red Sox, Nationals, Cardinals and Twins all are navy, red and white.

Rangers, Cubs, and Phillies are all blue, red and white.

THere are two orange and Black teams, two blue and orange teams, two gray and blue teams, two all red teams, two predominately black teams (with pinstripes) it's ridiculous.

The new D-Backs colors are excellent.

The Jays just don't get it if they're adding yet another non-blue cap.  I hereby refuse to call them Blue Jays any longer till they come to their senses.

They aren't the "Blue Jays" any more, they are the "Jays". If you loook, they don't write blue jays on the jerseys anymore, just "Jays". They don't want Blue anymore, even though it makes no sense. I also think the fact that they are the only Canadien team it is stupid that they don't have any red in there either anymore. They are missing a golden opportunity. Not to mention they have a pretty decent baseball tradition, why leave it all behind?

Thats funny because if you take away the 'Blue' all you've got is 'Jays'. What the hell is a 'Jay'? Jay walking, Jay Leno, J.J. (Dynomite!)

Just a dumb rebranding decision if you ask me.

I think the difference in why the word mark looks so odd is that it reads "D-backs". Not just 'Backs or Diamonds. Powersurge has a point. IF the name was shortened that way. But it would be like the other teams listed as:

S-Sonics

B-Jays

W-Sox or ChiSox

R-Sox or BoSox

D-Rays

..to me... that would be strange on a jersey just like D-backs looks strange.

Archived