2006/2007 Ashes Series

Gazzzaf

Hey everyone,

I spent a majority of my Thursday designing a new cricket template and decided to test it out on one of the oldest international sporting contests - The Ashes. They're test cricket designs so they are bland but as I said, I wanted to test the template out.

For the uninitiated, here is a background:About the Ashes

Here we go...

Australia (Updated for helmet and baggy logo)

England

sig.png

I agree with you there Rob. My reason for having the CA logo on the Aussie kits is simply that I couldn't find a clear image of the actual coat of arms. Your example is probably the clearest I could find. I might have a crack at vectorising the logo later (albeit poorly).

sig.png

Nifty, but I'm not feeling the numbers for Australia. The idea of something that flashy just clashes too much with the classic design of test series outfits.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I think you may be talking about the '3' on the left breast. That is the teams major sponsor, Hutchison 3G. The actual number is on the back under the collar, I chose that font because it vaguely resembles what they have on their current test shirts.

sig.png

I've seen and used that crest before, there are a few differences between it and the one on the baggy green. The baggy has a rising sun over the shield while the other has a federation star, that is easily fixed though. My problem is that the shield is of a different shape and has a different number of quarters (6 as opposed to 4 on the baggy), I may as well redraw the entire logo in that case. The current test shirt/pullover uses a crest very similar to the one I used.

See here: http://cricket.com.au/_content/wallpaper/0...llpaper1280.jpg. We adopted that crest on the shirts in 2003 during Bangladesh's top end tour just after the ACB changed identity to CA.

I found a decent, front on pic of a baggy green so I might have a go at vectorising it. If I get it done I can send you a copy.

sig.png

Hey everyone,

I spent a majority of my Thursday designing a new cricket template and decided to test it out on one of the oldest international sporting contests - The Ashes. They're test cricket designs so they are bland but as I said, I wanted to test the template out.

For the uninitiated, here is a background:About the Ashes

Here we go...

Australia

England

I might as well ask, since I'm lost.

What is the point of the "366" on the Australia uniform?

LvZYtbZ.png

The 366 is the player's test cap number. In this case the player (Ricky Ponting) is the 366th cricketer to play for Australia in a test since 1887 and so has a cap number of 366. The cap number has appeared on test shirts in recent times as a means of personalising them and giving the player an identity in Australian Cricket, or whichever body of cricket they represent.

sig.png

Archived