Anaheim Ducks Uniform Revisions...

ColeJ

i used the fantastic new uniform template that jipetto made... so big thanks to him.

anaheimducksrevisions.png

the most obvious change is the primary color. i don't like anaheim wearing black primarily... i don't have a crusade against the overuse of black in uniforms like some people do, but i simply don't see the mighty ducks of anaheim (under any name), being a primarily black uniformed team.

so i decided to go with a nice deep dark teal color... and i absolutely hate teal in sports, but it's a part of the ducks identity, in my eyes... and i think it works in this concept, without reminding anyone of their division rivals in san jose.

i also tweaked the shades of gold and orange... the orange is now a yellow-orange color, which i think goes well with the teal (and reminds me of their old 3rd and 4th jersey from the late 90s)

i didn't include the back of the sweaters, because nothing really changed from that standpoint. i don't have a copy of the new fonts they use, but i have nothing against them, so they'd stay. use your imagination on how it would look :)

obviously the white socks and helmet go on the road jersey, and the black/teal helmet/socks go with the home...

also, to help solve the elongated-logo problem, i used the script with an oval in the background, to give it more height... just my preference, really.

any and all comments or critiques are welcome and much appreciated.

Looks really good but that teal and black is really making me think of the Sharks, a division rival.

really?

because i said in my writeup about it, that i didn't think it was overly sharky, because of the sunnier colors i used (yellow/gold), instead of grey...

hmm....

I really wonder how this would look if you switched out that black for that darkish purple the Ducks used to use--what is it, eggplant?

All similarities to the Sharks (and Jaguars, for that matter) aside, I still like the way this looks. Nice!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

i thought about using purple, but decided against it, originally...

just for :censored:s and giggles, here's what that would look like (quick mockup... maybe sloppy)

anaheimducksrevisions2.png

i still think i prefer the black...

this color scheme almost reminds me of a bottle of samuel adams octoberfest... maybe i'm just an alcoholic.

It does look really good, but I can see what some of the other posters have said about it looking kind of Sharkish. In my opinion though, the logo still kills it, no matter how you change the colors.

I'd much like something like this:

DUCKS1B.jpgDUCKS2B.jpg

the templates done...

I didnt get mine e-mailed

I'm sure we'll all get it, don't worry.

On topic, I don't know if I like this better than the current set. The logo doesn't kill it for me, I wonder how it would look if the teal were a darker, truer green. Possibly replace yellow with a more orange color, but that could go either way.

Even though it does look like the Sharks, I like the black instead of the purple, the purple set says Mardi Gras to me.

I would say make the green a more forest green colour, but then they might look to much like the Stars...

It looks pretty good now, but not perfect. The problem is I'm not sure how it can be fixed, because I wouldn't know where to start.

The design itself is, like mentioned before, just WOW. Although the Sharks resemblance is a bit too close. Although your teal is noticebly darker, and I think looks a little better than the lighter shade San Jose uses. I too hate the overuse of black as a primary color. It's just not Ducks.

our colors. not theirs, damnit.

which is exactly how i feel about a teal and black ducks jersey.

the sharks resemblance aside, i really like this. the orange and goldish are just enough to distinguish them from the sharks and their grey, but it still reminds me of them. great job though.

thing is, the ducks already used teal and black... black in the logos, and a black alternate... purple and teal uniforms since their beginning...

didn't seem too much like a ripoff to me... especially with such drastically different uniform designs, and some very distinct secondary colors.

i used the fantastic new uniform template that jipetto made... so big thanks to him.

anaheimducksrevisions.png

the most obvious change is the primary color. i don't like anaheim wearing black primarily... i don't have a crusade against the overuse of black in uniforms like some people do, but i simply don't see the mighty ducks of anaheim (under any name), being a primarily black uniformed team.

so i decided to go with a nice deep dark teal color... and i absolutely hate teal in sports, but it's a part of the ducks identity, in my eyes... and i think it works in this concept, without reminding anyone of their division rivals in san jose.

i also tweaked the shades of gold and orange... the orange is now a yellow-orange color, which i think goes well with the teal (and reminds me of their old 3rd and 4th jersey from the late 90s)

i didn't include the back of the sweaters, because nothing really changed from that standpoint. i don't have a copy of the new fonts they use, but i have nothing against them, so they'd stay. use your imagination on how it would look :)

obviously the white socks and helmet go on the road jersey, and the black/teal helmet/socks go with the home...

also, to help solve the elongated-logo problem, i used the script with an oval in the background, to give it more height... just my preference, really.

any and all comments or critiques are welcome and much appreciated.

I love it, not a big fan of the yellow on the uniform however. But, I like it. Fantastic job.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived