Walter

shiznit1083

Give me Vanderjagt or Elam off the ground, but for a punter, give me Bob Cameron anyday. Who? That's right, Bob "The Ageless Wonder" Cameron... anyone who knows anything about Winnipeg sports history in the past 25 years knows the name. Dollars to donuts, into the wind he was the best of all time.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

This does not make any sense Barnard had a great game last week why would tehy release him and bring back Walter after just 1 week.

Well I've heard 2 theories:

* Walter was the holder for Vinatieri on FG's. Last week, with backup QB Damon Huard holding, Adam barely made one, missed another, and watched an extra point bounce off the upright before going through. With long snapper Lonnie Paxton out with an injury, the whole FG unit was approaching crisis.

* Perhaps Belichick wanted to rest Walter to get some of the bad vibes or whatever out of the system. If he screws up again this week, Barnard will be back. Sure Barnard was an improvement, but really, given how badly Walter fared the previous couple of weeks, ANYONE would have been an improvement.

I'll tell you though: you know your team's doing well when your biggest problem is the punter... :)

JPK

Archived