New USA Hockey Rules

Brass

Anyone else heard about 'em? Talk about screwing over the game. Here's a breakdown of some of the new basic ones.

1.) When shorthanded, you are no longer allowed to dump the puck. Automatic icing if it's done.

2.) In front of the net, you are allowed to lift your opponents stick only once.

3.) You are basically not allowed to use your stick for anything except passing and shooting. If it even touches someone else, you'll get a penalty.

4.) Coaches have to wear helmets on the ice now.

The last one really doesn't affect the players, though I still think of it has a ridicolous rule. As for the others, there really killing the game. It's near impossible now to play 30 straight seconds without a penalty being called.

Now, there probably doing these rules to "improve" our players for the World Junior's, but honestly, I think they're making them worse.

Hopefully, these rules won't get adopted by High Schools.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1.) When shorthanded, you are no longer allowed to dump the puck. Automatic icing if it's done.

you're kidding, right? it's already tough for shorthanded teams to defend teh net, and now they can't dump it? anybody wanna bet they get rid of this rule by next week? <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

you're kidding, right? it's already tough for shorthanded teams to defend teh net, and now they can't dump it? anybody wanna bet they get rid of this rule by next week? <_<

Ha! I can only hope they get rid of it! These rules make no sense, and are ruining the game.

what the hell is ccslc?

I understand adopting the NHL standard for obstruction but not allowing to ice the puck on a penalty kill, only allowing to lift you opponents stick once in front of the net will do nothing but hurt the development of the American Hockey player. As when they get to the higher levels when that stuff is allowed they won't know how to react.

I understand adopting the NHL standard for obstruction but not allowing to ice the puck on a penalty kill, only allowing to lift you opponents stick once in front of the net will do nothing but hurt the development of the American Hockey player. As when they get to the higher levels when that stuff is allowed they won't know how to react.

Exactly. Like with checking. Kids aren't taught it until Pee-Wees, and when they reach that step, they don't know how to react to it, just like with the lifting of the stick. Especially if they have a coach who doesn't know hockey (90% of the coaches in the youth assoication in my town don't know hockey.).

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived