New York Giants

Shumway

i've been working on a concept simmilar to yours. what i would do to your is add a wordmark and put the ny on the helmet.

Add a wordmark as in where? I actually do have one under the collar...it's what's currently on their helmet(it doesn't show up too well)...I must've forgot to put it on the road set though.

I honestly thought that their best look was right after they switched back to the modern throwbacks. These would be better if they had gray pants, the NY on the helmet, and either toned down sleeve stripes or none whatsoever.

VmWIn6B.png

I'll never understand the road uniform they have now. Why would a team called Big Blue take all of the blue out of the uniform? It doesn't match the helmet or the team name. If all the red was blue, it'd work, even if it did look a bit like the Colts.

Oh, as for the concept: It's pretty good, but the NY looks better on the helmet than that Giants script with a red outline.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How is this any different than their 1980s and 90s uniforms?

oj1.jpgarmsteadnyg.jpg

In my opinion, their new throwbacks are a serious upgrade. The "ny" logo is better, the gray pants are better, and the simplicity of stripes and number outlines is better. While I do think they could use some blue on the current road unis, I don't think anything else you did is an upgrade.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

How is this any different than their 1980s and 90s uniforms?

oj1.jpgarmsteadnyg.jpg

In my opinion, their new throwbacks are a serious upgrade. The "ny" logo is better, the gray pants are better, and the simplicity of stripes and number outlines is better. While I do think they could use some blue on the current road unis, I don't think anything else you did is an upgrade.

It's very close, which was partly my intention. I spaced the stripes out, made the helmet and jersey one shade of blue, and changed the numbers slightly.

I'll never understand the road uniform they have now. Why would a team called Big Blue take all of the blue out of the uniform? It doesn't match the helmet or the team name. If all the red was blue, it'd work, even if it did look a bit like the Colts.

Oh, as for the concept: It's pretty good, but the NY looks better on the helmet than that Giants script with a red outline.

This "new throwback" road uniform was supposed to invoke the "glory days" of the Y.A. Tittle era...don't have any pictorial references this instant but I can recall the numbers on the Giants' uniforms of that era being solid red, along wtih the socks.

The nickname "Big Blue" was adopted some time after all that, I believe.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This "new throwback" road uniform was supposed to invoke the "glory days" of the Y.A. Tittle era...don't have any pictorial references this instant but I can recall the numbers on the Giants' uniforms of that era being solid red, along wtih the socks.

The nickname "Big Blue" was adopted some time after all that, I believe.

Okay, good point, but now that said nickname has been adopted, isn't it a bit foolish to revert to uniforms that don't fit this nickname? I guess you could say there's a precedent for this in New York, in that the Pinstripes and the Broadway Blueshirts only fit their nickname 50% of the time, but at the end of the day, I just don't think the red looks good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the updated away jerseys look soooo much like the ones they had 2 years ago...

naw really?

so wahts the point of bringing back old jerseys that dont even qualify throwback or retro?

Lets Go Rangers22819686.jpg

mesds.png

My Website I dont really care if it sucks www.freewebs.com/jjway

The point is that most of the C&C I got basically gave me the idea that these are the way to go. I even said they looks almost like what they had a few years ago.

If they're no longer in use, technically, they are a throwback.

Archived