New York Giants

Shumway

the updated away jerseys look soooo much like the ones they had 2 years ago...

naw really?

so wahts the point of bringing back old jerseys that dont even qualify throwback or retro?

Those "throwback? road jerseys still make money. People like them. Well that or approximately nine million Giants fans like to live in the not-so-glorious parts of the past.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

I'll never understand the road uniform they have now. Why would a team called Big Blue take all of the blue out of the uniform? It doesn't match the helmet or the team name. If all the red was blue, it'd work, even if it did look a bit like the Colts.

Oh, as for the concept: It's pretty good, but the NY looks better on the helmet than that Giants script with a red outline.

This "new throwback" road uniform was supposed to invoke the "glory days" of the Y.A. Tittle era...don't have any pictorial references this instant but I can recall the numbers on the Giants' uniforms of that era being solid red, along wtih the socks.

The nickname "Big Blue" was adopted some time after all that, I believe.

Okay, good point, but now that said nickname has been adopted, isn't it a bit foolish to revert to uniforms that don't fit this nickname? I guess you could say there's a precedent for this in New York, in that the Pinstripes and the Broadway Blueshirts only fit their nickname 50% of the time, but at the end of the day, I just don't think the red looks good.

Hey--I agree with you. I ain't too hot on the Giants' "blueless" away joints either. And there's something to be said about people "being stuck in a time warp"...but it's a thin line to tread, to be sure. Like NYG, some teams want to revive an old "classic" look oy yesteryear (or, more accurately, yestercentury), because they think the team, if it looks like the successful players of old, will start winning in them again (again, that's just my two rusted Lincolns). Same argument for why some teams haven't and probably won't change their looks ever (Bears, Steelers, Raiders)--they've become iconic bcause they're synonymous with winning. HOWEVER, for all the yibber-yabber tossed around by so many head coaches and GM's about a "youth movement" on their teams, not to mention a "fresh start" and all that other jazz, stuff like what NYG just did rather puzzles me. They did a good thing by going back to the older style the first time (cuz frankly, those Parcells-era joints just wasn't doing it for most folks), then they go and tear up a potentially classic raod look by doing what they did this year--with a whole 'nother set of pants to boot.

Oh well...it's their money; let them spend it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived