South Coast League's Aiken ?

Brian in Boston

The artwork is correct -- they are LEFTHANDED batters in their FOLLOW-THROUGH.

If they're in their follow-through, why aren't they facing towards the bats? After swinging, yes, the bat will be over your right shoulder. However, you will also be facing your right shoulder too because that's the side towards the field.

edit: look at the horsefly. He's drawn lefthanded, with the hands correct, facing the correct direction. If he were to swing, he would be facing the bat.

Have you ever swung a bat? A left handed batter will have his chin "on" his left shoulder at the end of the swing... a righty's swing ends with the bat over the left shoulder and their right shoulder toward the plate.

They are correct.... however they still feel a little weird...They should have simply switched the hands and had the batters ready for the pitch rather than following through.

All of those logos are really good, even if the hand positioning is wrong for the batters. I can't remember the last time I saw completed logos done prior to a nickname being officially selected.

Any idea who designed the logos, whether it was one firm or a group effort, like the Golden League?

damn, I'd never heard of him, that is a great compilation of work

I'd always wondered who had done some of the NWFL stuff. Some of its really top notch, though some of its :censored: as well.

nav-logo.png

All of those logos are really good, even if the hand positioning is wrong for the batters. I can't remember the last time I saw completed logos done prior to a nickname being officially selected.

Any idea who designed the logos, whether it was one firm or a group effort, like the Golden League?

damn, I'd never heard of him, that is a great compilation of work

I'd always wondered who had done some of the NWFL stuff. Some of its really top notch, though some of its :censored: as well.

I agree. Santaquilani is hit or miss, although much more hit than miss. But all 5 of these are top notch. No matter the name, each option is accompanied by a really good logo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

These proposed Aiken logos are good. He did a good job. I checked out the NWFA site. Some

of the logos are really good and some are really bad. I would say, based on what I see on the

Aiken logos, the bad logos on the NWFA site are not his. It would'nt be consistant it would seem.

I like the horseflies. It's a unique name. Love the baseballs for eyes.

Have you ever swung a bat? A left handed batter will have his chin "on" his left shoulder at the end of  the swing... a righty's swing ends with the bat over the left shoulder and their right shoulder toward the plate.

They are correct.... however they still feel a little weird...They should have simply switched the hands and had the batters ready for the pitch rather than following through.

I've batted lefthanded my whole life. The bluetick's body should be twisted if he just swung, instead of his upperbody being straight.

"They should have simply switched the hands and had the batters ready for the pitch rather than following through."

That's what I've been saying all along.

ucnu112sig.png

Archived