T.O. attempts suicide

randyc

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to make light of a potentially dangerous situation, but "were trying to induce vomiting?" How about showing the man some video of a certain self-indulgent, prima donna athlete showing off for the cameras by working out in his driveway after wearing out his welcome with his second team in 2 years?

But in all seriousness, despite the man's infatuation with himself, I hope he's alright. He's a heck of a talent, and beyond that, he's somebody's son, and that in itself is reason enough to hope he pulls through A-okay. (Although if they surgically removed his ego, I'm not sure anyone would mind. :) )

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

From today's Dallas Morning News:

Report: T.O. attempted suicide

08:26 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night by swallowing prescription pain medication, according to a Dallas police report obtained by WFAA-TV.

The report says Owens acknowledged to police that he had taken the pills and was trying to harm himself, WFAA-TV reported Wednesday.

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center for an undisclosed reason.

According to the station, doctors were attempting to induce vomiting.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said late Tuesday he was unaware of Owens? trip to the hospital, and Owens? agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and publicist, Kim Etheridge, could not be reached for comment.

Last week, according to Cowboys coach Bill Parcells, Owens had a reaction to the pain medicine he was given following surgery in which a plate was inserted into his right hand to stabilize a fractured fourth metacarpal. Parcells said Owens became ill and could not work out, but he was improved the next day.

On Tuesday, Owens did not speak with the media, but he appeared to be in good spirits.

He continued conditioning work on the side with associate trainer Britt Brown and caught passes. He was wearing gloves and had his ring and middle fingers on his right hand taped together.

Earlier Tuesday, Parcells said Owens would practice some today and he had not ruled Owens out from playing Sunday at Tennessee. Owens was wearing a bone growth simulator Tuesday to help the healing process. According to Parcells, the swelling in Owens? hand had gone down, and the biggest challenge for Owens would be handling the pain of catching passes.

?I have to see him out there being a confident player,? Parcells said. ?I don?t want him out there thinking about something. If it?s going act as a deterrent, I don?t want that because that would eventually hurt us. But if he can get to the point where it looks like he can function and he feels pretty good about it (then Parcells would play him).

?I?m talking to him every day, seeing how he?s doing. We?re moving forward. We have a lot of time between now and the game.?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It literally says nothing about him trying to commit suicide. Most other reports are saying he had an allergic reaction of some sort. I realize this could be some sort of a cover-up, but I still don't read anything leading me to believe he tried to kill himself.

From Yahoo:

DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told rescue workers "that he was depressed." The report was first released by WFAA-TV.

The rescue worker "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The worker attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. The worker then asked Owens "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes."'

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

From Yahoo:
DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told rescue workers "that he was depressed." The report was first released by WFAA-TV.

The rescue worker "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The worker attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. The worker then asked Owens "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes."'

Well, that makes a bit of a difference. I wonder why that article wasn't up when I checked Yahoo like 10 minutes ago.

This is all over the radio right now and there's been enough sources confirming his act, that you have to say it is a valid.

No mattter what TO has done in the past, you have to feel for TO because obviously he was in much distress after what has happened in the last couple years...but to attempt suicide just because things aren't going well right now in Dallas? The reason must be much more than that. Perhaps it just is all of the critisism he's faced over the years finally getting to him, who knows at this point, all we know is that this is a scary situation and puts things into perspective.

he's been taking pain meds for over a week now due to the surgery. if there was going to be some major reaction bc of that, don't you think it would have shown up way before now? i really think this is a serious attempt, but his publicist is trying to push it all under the rug.

SignatureCCSL.png

If this indeed ends up being supported as a suicide attempt, I hope the furfor over his past actions will die down for a while. The man needs help getting through a tough time emotionally, and now, physically.

No one deserves to feel this badly. Especially about themselves.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

he's been taking pain meds for over a week now due to the surgery. if there was going to be some major reaction bc of that, don't you think it would have shown up way before now? i really think this is a serious attempt, but his publicist is trying to push it all under the rug.

Great point.

Not many people are thinking about this.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I don't feel like this is all too shocking and unbelievable. The man is clearly bipolar. I work with children that suffer from bipolar disorder. He shows all the signs. He needs serious mental health services.

Don't send him to Ricky Williams's doctor.

I'm gonna love to see how Drew Rosenhaus tries to spin this one. I kinda figured he was going to be involved in something, although I don't think suicide attempts ever crossed anyone's mind.

By the way, do the Cowboys have a clause in thier contract that give them the right to terminate him if he pulls a nutty or will they have to pay him (or his estate) regardless?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

This scares me a little bit.

As much as I don't like the guy (Remember the Sharpie incident? Yeah, try telling me to forget about that), no man needs to attempt to end his own life. It's not worth it, even if you are a multi-million dollar Football player.

So, for my sake and for everyone's sake, I hope that he is alright.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

His publicist is the one saying it was an allergic reaction to the medication....That's what was in some reports, because that is the news they received.....

C'mon....who the hell believes it's just an allergic reaction when this has been over a week? I believe he really tried to take himself out....I'm sure they are laughing in San Francisco and Philadelphia right now....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I'm sure they are laughing in San Francisco and Philadelphia right now....

Mike

That is one of the stupidest things I've read on these boards.

Laughing at someone with a mental illness that is obviously feeling a lot of pain would be like laughing at someone with ALS or another dabilitating (sp?) disease.

Let's try to show some maturity here, kids.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm sure they are laughing in San Francisco and Philadelphia right now....

Mike

That is one of the stupidest things I've read on these boards.

Laughing at someone with a mental illness that is obviously feeling a lot of pain would be like laughing at someone with ALS or another dabilitating (sp?) disease.

Let's try to show some maturity here, kids.

consider your audience.....a few intelligent posters interspersed between a gaggle of dip:censored:s.

I honestly hope this was a legitimate suicide attempt - now, I know that sounds morbid, but an even more morbid idea is that he would use this to call more attention on himself.

if he was sincere with trying to end his life, than he truly needs help and should seek it out.

10 minutes until we find out the truth.

harperdc.gif

Archived