randyc

T.O. attempts suicide

I honestly hope this was a legitimate suicide attempt - now, I know that sounds morbid, but an even more morbid idea is that he would use this to call more attention on himself.

if he was sincere with trying to end his life, than he truly needs help and should seek it out.

10 minutes until we find out the truth.

I HIGHLY doubt that he would nearly kill himself as a way to get attention. That would be playing with fire. It is either a legitimate attempt or else bad information.

I honestly hope this was a legitimate suicide attempt - now, I know that sounds morbid, but an even more morbid idea is that he would use this to call more attention on himself.

if he was sincere with trying to end his life, than he truly needs help and should seek it out.

I HIGHLY doubt that he would nearly kill himself as a way to get attention. That would be playing with fire. It is either a legitimate attempt or else bad information.

honestly, i counsel many people who do make attempts simply to get the attention of the people around them. some are serious about what the results could be and others just don't care.

Edited by statebully

As I am listening to Dallas area radio and reading updated reports from the Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram, this is getting more bizarre by the monent. Now, I don't know policy in the state of Texas, but if there was a suicide attempt, can you be released from the hospital so soon? The Dallas Police are now claiming they were "premature" in their original report, plus that it was his publicist who called 911. It is now the Cowboys who have to do the damage control since you CANNOT have Drew Rosenhaus in charge.

I'm sure they are laughing in San Francisco and Philadelphia right now....

I'm a niners fan. I'm not laughing, am I supposed to be? :therock:

As I am listening to Dallas area radio and reading updated reports from the Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram, this is getting more bizarre by the monent. Now, I don't know policy in the state of Texas, but if there was a suicide attempt, can you be released from the hospital so soon? The Dallas Police are now claiming they were "premature" in their original report, plus that it was his publicist who called 911. It is now the Cowboys who have to do the damage control since you CANNOT have Drew Rosenhaus in charge.

the police and hospital can't really do much b/c it is not a criminal offense in texas to attempt suicide. it is in just about every other state. that is why the dallas pd won't comment any further b/c "there hasn't been a crime committed"

Does anyone else think that Tuna is probably getting fed up with Owens non-football crap getting more press than his entire football team?

I'm guessing that whether on not this whole thing was an accident or if it was a cry for help, or if it was a real attempt, Parcells is getting ready to wash his hands of T.O. regardless of how Jones may feel.

In the second article JP posted, it said a rescue worker noticed Terrell Owens' bottle was empty and that he had been putting two more in his mouth, and tried to pry them out.

In the article on ESPN right now, it says that it was an unidentified friend.

Just something I noticed.

If this is true, it's too bad. He's still one of my favorite players despite everything and as Paynomind, short of people who've committed far worser acts, nobody deserves to feel as bad as T.O. must have to consider suicide.

Mike

That is one of the stupidest things I've read on these boards.

Laughing at someone with a mental illness that is obviously feeling a lot of pain would be like laughing at someone with ALS or another dabilitating (sp?) disease.

Let's try to show some maturity here, kids.

consider your audience.....a few intelligent posters interspersed between a gaggle of dip:censored:s.

I'll refrain from making the comment I want to in response to this...

Did I make fun of the situation from my standpoint? NO!!!

Mike

i counsel many people who do make attempts simply to get the attention of the people around them. some are serious about what the results could be and others just don't care.

Exactly. I've heard it argued that the majority of unsuccessful suicide attempts are more along the lines of pleas for attention and help than an actual desire to end one's life. If you really reach that final desperation point where you truly want to die, you do it.

It's in that context that I view the alleged suicide attempt by Owens. I think it's entirely possible that a man so dependent on the continuous fluffing of his ego could find himself crumbling after wearing out his welcome in two cities and not receiving the warmest of receptions in a third. Somewhere, in his mind, perhaps Owens viewed a suicide attempt as a way to take attention away from his prima donna behavior, and to create a more sympathetic portrayal of him by the media. That's not to say what he did was horrible, scheming, or deserving of criticism. It's just a possible insight into the man's motivations. Regardless of anyone's reasons for doing it, if someone attempts to end their own life, they are in need of professional help - perhaps even more than they know or care to admit.

during parcells press conference he was asked a million questions in twenty different ways about t.o. and then some guy asked him, "Bill what's the status of terry glenn?"

priceless!!! parcells said, "What?" :P

As I am listening to Dallas area radio and reading updated reports from the Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram, this is getting more bizarre by the monent.  Now, I don't know policy in the state of Texas, but if there was a suicide attempt, can you be released from the hospital so soon?  The Dallas Police are now claiming they were "premature" in their original report,  plus that it was his publicist who called 911.  It is now the Cowboys who have to do the damage control since you CANNOT have Drew Rosenhaus in charge.

the police and hospital can't really do much b/c it is not a criminal offense in texas to attempt suicide. it is in just about every other state. that is why the dallas pd won't comment any further b/c "there hasn't been a crime committed"

If it was a legitimate attempt, would the Baylor Medical Center release anyone so soon after such and overdose? I do not know Texas law, but that sounds pretty irresponsible for the medical or mental health profession to do so. If it was a true attempt, I hope he (or anyone) would not have been released so soon.

The police report stated his publicist said that, "he was depressed". She also denied that she attempted to get the pills from his mouth. Her statement after his interview served no purpose. They are sworn officers, so I am not sure if she is telling the truth. Then again, the police are sometimes incorrect.

Edited by dfwabel

Todays press conference showed me one very blatent thing. Despite how annoyed he acts, Parcells is just as much of a media whore as Owens has ever been. <_<

honestly, i counsel many people who do make attempts simply to get the attention of the people around them. some are serious about what the results could be and others just don't care.

Yeah, you're right. My wife is a Social Worker and this is exactly what I think she would say.

Boo Hoo Hoo, everybody hates me, and I only get paid 17 times as much as the average football player.

Nobody understands how hard it is to motivate my fellow teammates, and to exempt myself from practices in which everyone else must participate. It is so stressful running down the field to maybe/maybe not catch a piece of inflated pigskin.

Did you know how stressful it is to try and spend all that money? Plus I have to play Tennessee next week - what if they shut me down? It's better to kill myself now...or at least fake it by taking medications that actually make me feel good, knowing full well that a "female aquaintance" was in the house...

Are you being sarcastic?

Theyre his former teams.

Are you being sarcastic?

Theyre his former teams.

Yes, San Francisco is a former team of Terrell Owens.

So clearly, fans of that team should openly rejoice upon news of an attempted suicide by a former player.

There's your sarcasm.

It only takes something like this to clearly show us all how stupid people are. I'm not just talking about T.O. either.