Frustration...taking over....

Chief.

Okay, there's this student in my webteam class. He's our head editor and everyone knows him because his mom is on the school board. He is also under the impression that he is God's gift to graphic design, when in reality he just photoshops all different logos and pictures and never does anything original. For instance, he designed our senior shirts this year, it's a Superman Returns logo with a grayscale effect and a filter combined with pixelated wings.

Check out one of his prized designs

Notice anything? He plants that stupid recolored logo anywhere every chance he gets and everyone thinks he actually made it. I've told many people that he didn't because I can't stand that he gets credit for that. The newspaper is now using it in their sports section for Hays High. The thing isn't even a clear image, it's pixelated and messy.

This summer he sparked my dislike for him when the webteam instructor saw a longhorns logo I made and told me to email it to this guy, since he was making some web graphics to help out a school in Nebraska with a longhorn mascot. It was about time for dismissal from our summer class, so I walked over to him and said, "Hey, you don't need to use the Texas logo, I made this if you need it," and I showed it to him on my laptop. He muttered something that sounded like "Whatever" and turned away pretending I wasn't there. And of course he used the Texas logo...

I would really like to take this guy down a peg, but I usually avoid these kinds of confrontations.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<evil laugh> You need to find a way to embarrass him in public. Order a Hawaii t-shirt and wear it A LOT. Order another one for a friend and have them do the same.

You want us to (cracks knuckles) talk to him?

yeah that's a good Idea. The Hawaii shirt not the mafia thing. Not that the mafia..um... bad...they can be good...maybe...it can happen...can't it? :therock: ah anyway rtrich...um how can I say this, please hit me

just order a green Hawaii hat, take a sharpie and mark out the hawaii on the back and have your schools name stitched on the back. when people ask you how you got it. tell them that that kid made it for you. or something

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Suck it up kid. Life is full of authority figures who dont deserve their position. when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. and add whiskey. your life isnt judged by high school. do your own thing. you'll succeed and he'll probably become a cop. what is this doing in the logos board anyways. maybe requests?

well, theres a lot of kids that are a-holes that grow up and become cops, so they can keep picking on people in adulthood. im not a cop hater and id say 90% are great people, but the ones you know are the ones that have chips on their shoulders. i went to high school with a few of them. if you dont see it, then youre not looking

Well, anyway, I just don't think he can get very far in college by doing just this (and trust me, that's ALL he does). There's no possible way he can continue graphic design in college without doing original work, right?

people are morons when it comes to logos. When it came time to draw a logo for our new high school, this is the one that was chosen. And the fact that most people like it is what boggles my mind. He's crying, and his eyes are closed.

2jerome.gif

so I know how you feel. I think wearing a shirt with the Hawaii logo right there on the front as big as you can find would work.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Kick his ass.

No, don't.

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." -Gandhi

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived