Chief.

Frustration...taking over....

That Union H.S. arena is new and fancy, but it doesn't compare size-wise to the high school arenas in central Indiana. Even though the population of the cities is only around 40,000, the 2 biggest high school arenas in the US are in

New Castle (seating 9,325) and Anderson (8,996). If I remember correctly, there are a few more in the state that approach 7-8,000 seating capacity.

The New Castle Fieldhouse, which is built mostly underground:

ncfieldhouse.jpg

Those Hoosiers love their high school basketball.

My ass. I went to Gibson Southern in the Southwest part of the state. Our basketball court was only about 1,000 capacity. Down here, Football is king. (FJ Reitz Bowl in Evansville)

6A Football? I think PA only goes up to 4A. That sports complex is downright amazing. It practically looks like a pro stadium/arena.

Apples and oranges. One state's As don't necessarily mean the same as another's.

Just to stay on topic, Union HS in the Clarion area of Western PA also uses the Miami "U" and uniform template (the ones before the most recent ones.)

That is not on topic either. Lets now get back to chief's problem

That's really funny coming from you.

I went to college in Anderson and I never heard anything about area high school football, but the city was always talking about HS basketball. Now, football is definitely king in Canton, OH, where I grew up. The two major schools in the area, Massillon and McKinley, draw huge crowds. Massillon plays at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium (26,000 capacity) and McKinley plays at Fawcett Stadium (22,375), where the NFL holds the Hall of Fame Game. Both schools routinely sell out. In fact, I've often seen scalpers selling tickets for over $100 a pop!

I know there are similar situations to this in places like Texas, Pennsylvania, California, Florida, etc.

Anyway.......

I JUST talked with the webteam instructor and she assured me that she was as mad as I was when she heard about the Hawaii logo. She chewed the kid out and told me she hoped he learned his lesson (I don't know if he did)

Don't worry, the logo will soon be removed completely from the website and will not be appearing in the Hays Daily News anymore. This whole ordeal is over now.

6A Football? I think PA only goes up to 4A. That sports complex is downright amazing. It practically looks like a pro stadium/arena.

Apples and oranges. One state's As don't necessarily mean the same as another's.

Just to stay on topic, Union HS in the Clarion area of Western PA also uses the Miami "U" and uniform template (the ones before the most recent ones.)

That is not on topic either. Lets now get back to chief's problem

That's really funny coming from you.

OK, am I known for going off topic or something. If I am sorry.

Good to see this is working out for you. My teacher today found somebody who just copied Sparknotes for a report and got the kid a week's suspension. Now if that is what they do for a report they should punish this kid at least the same.

Read your last post (three above mine that you criticized) before getting on me for being "off topic."

Edited by BringBackTheVet

Read your last post (three above mine that you criticized) before getting on me for being "off topic."

Yeah, you got a valid point, sorry to chief and BBTV.

Edited by bills2005

Miami charging a school district $1000 for its helmet is absurd....

Well it's not just the football helmets, Union uses the logo on just about everything, so I'm not shedding any tears for them losing just $1000 a year in the deal. Union has been selling merchandise with "The U" on it without (and now with) Miami's permission for years, plus Union is probably the richest school district in Oklahoma, and maybe one of the richest in the whole country, so I'm sure they can definitely afford it. They probably make up the royalty charges alone in merchandise sales at the Union team store located in their new $22 million basketball arena.

JQH%20Arena%20w.%20bball%20court2.jpg

Arena%20during%20BA%20game.jpg

Thats at a High School? :blink:

Seriously...cripes!

Isn't Oklahoma football country? Their stadium's gotta be like the Big House or something if that's the case. My H.S. gym had like 15 rows of bleachers at most. This one has a g'durn Jumbotron!

Yep, Oklahoma is definitely football country, and that's one of the contributing factors for why Tulsa area schools such as Union, Jenks, and Broken Arrow are so big and have so much disposable income. A couple decades ago, the larger high schools in the Oklahoma City area (Edmond, Norman, Moore, Putnam City) decided to spin off smaller high schools to better meet the needs of their students (creating schools like Edmond Santa Fe, Norman North, Westmoore, PC-West). The Tulsa school districts chose not to split its schools, and one of the main reasons for their decision was to establish dominance in football. If one were to look at the history of state championships in Oklahoma, they'd notice that a shift happens in the early 80s where Tulsa schools start to dominate. Since 1993, only two times has there been a team not named Union or Jenks win the 6A state championship in football.

Union-Tuttle Stadium has been one of the best stadiums in Oklahoma for a number of years, but the addition of the UMAC (the basketball arena) makes the whole place look even more impressive. The UMAC could very well be the third-best basketball arena in the state, behind Gallagher-Iba Arena at OSU and the Ford Center in OKC (it's definitely the best in Tulsa, including the arenas at the U of Tulsa and Oral Roberts). It's crazy that a high school has facilities that many D-1 colleges would love to have.

04aerial.jpg

Incredible. Im sorry I keep going off topic but thats amazing. Looking at the :censored:hole high school I came from, and seeing how it still wasnt that bad compaired to those inner city PS high schools, that just blows my mind. Seriously, not any universities have facilities that sweet. Only time ive ever heard of anything even close to that is when ive heard of those huge private high schools on the outskirts of Chicago and other big cities like that that have fancy indoor swimming facilities. Crazy crazy CRAZY.

Double Post. Sorry

Edited by bucfan56

Hey guys. Just for an update, the logo has been removed and a new one has been created by the same guy. Nobody really learned a lesson though because they still resent the fact that they had to remove it. I'm not sure what to make of the new logo (below). He loves his photoshop filters:

newhhslogo.png

Well, thanks for the help and advice everybody, I really appreciate it.

Hey guys. Just for an update, the logo has been removed and a new one has been created by the same guy. Nobody really learned a lesson though because they still resent the fact that they had to remove it. I'm not sure what to make of the new logo (below). He loves his photoshop filters:

newhhslogo.png

Wow I really don't like that logo

This one you made is so much better

NewsPage.jpg

sorry about the size

Edited by ziggyluc

newhhslogo.png

Yikes. That's going to be incredibly hard to replicate/print/embroider.

I'm curious, does the same person take credit for this gem on your boy's basketball page?

bball-logo.gif

That new "logo" hits one of my pet peeves with new designs. that is not really a logo.

Much like new stuff being spewed out, they are drawings rather than logos. I think a true logo should be a symbol- something easily replicated. The best logos, in my opinion can be easily drawn. That is why I have and will always LOVE the Bowling Green logo- people think it is dated and looks like an LT but once you realize that it is almost a perfect outline of a falcon's head and easily redrawn you realize it is a great logo.

I'm curious, does the same person take credit for this gem on your boy's basketball page?

bball-logo.gif

Yes. Yes it is. I was trying to find that on the website when I started the thread. He's getting away with a slap on the wrist, though.

So they busted the guy on stealing art, then let him do a replacement, which is crap. What is wrong with your school's faculty? Retarded.

Yeah, that new logo he did is just a mess. It's got about 7 colors and doesn't even look native american in any way...even any stereotypical way.

newhhslogo.png

Enough is enough...This guy is a hack. I'll just call him C.B. becuase I tracked him down and know who he is. This guy will never make it in the graphics world. If he wants to do it for a hobby, great. But the kid is a senior in high school and doesn't have a moral compass yet. Who knows if he'll develop one. I know we have all spent too much time on this, and I do think your logo looks great chief and is very marketable for the school. Unfortunatley, when you have a mother on the school board, teachers will acquiesce to this kid thinking he's God's gift to design. Back to his new design...really don't know where to begin, o.k., good for you C.B. you can effectively use the glowing edges filter in PS and you have created a logo that appears to have had 40 cups of coffee and has not taken it's Paxil for like 3 weeks. My hope is he ends up becoming a sanitation engineer or something along those lines. He already is surrounding himself with crap so it's a perfect fit. C.B.'s designs are laughable and when he designs another "Masterpiece", I hope it is along the line of "Cubby", "Pirate" or "Turtle" from the Art Instructions school pamphlets.

And now I'm spent.

JQH%20Arena%20w.%20bball%20court2.jpg

Arena%20during%20BA%20game.jpg

Wait, so you're telling me that a Division I conference plays its conference tournament in a high school gym? You've got to be kidding.

Yeah no $#*!...

Jeez..what'd they do to be able to afford amentities like THAT? Our gym, when I was in high school--we were lucky if bricks and metal wasn't fallin on our heads during the game. Bleachers? yeah--we had SOME--the wooden pull-out variety that half the time DIDN'T WANNA PULL OUT. The floor? Hah! We couldn't afford paint on that thing if someone GRANTED us the money to do it. (But, then again, the whole high school WAS a converted JAIL for Christ sakes, so there you go.)

Spoiled rich brats!!! (just a lil bitterness seeping through here...and I've been out of high school for over 6 years now!)

you'd have a real hard time convincing me this isn't a D-1 arena. for real, this is insane-I'd have a real hard time believing its main tenant is a damn high school :shocked:

shoot, I was fortunate enough to enjoy a couple seasons of watching Whitewater Warhawk football at Perkins Stadium, which has the largest capacity in D3...Union's field would give the Perk a run for its money, though.

Edited by Discrimihater