Florida Marlins

Eye

Aight, so here's the Florida Marlins. I tried to bring back the teal while keeping the black and silver at a minimum on the home and alternate. I think that darker colors are more appropriate for the road, rather than home because you usually wear gray or some other color besides white.

On the home jerseys. Black pinstripes with teal piping. I made black pinstripes because the piping is teal and so is the wordmark. I did not want an overabundance of teal on the front of the jersey. On the back of the jersey. Teal lettering and numerals with a THIN silver outline. I don't even know if you can see the outline, but it's there. Like I said, I wanted to use black and silver sparingly on the home jerseys. I put the Florida Marlins primary logo on the left sleeve because it looked good IMO, rather than the "F" cap logo being on the pinstripes. The primary logo looked better. On the pants, teal belt, black pinstripes and teal socks/stirrups. As for the cap. All teal baby. I think the cap brings the feel of the 90's uniforms more than the pants, socks or jerseys.I feel that these home jerseys are more Marlins, well at least to me, because I did like their teal look.

On the away jerseys. Teal piping on gray. I think that it really stands out. Black lettering and numerals with a thin teal outline. Again, I did that because the teal seems to stand out on gray. Florida Marlins cap logo on the left sleeve. I felt that the cap logo would look better on a sleeve, uninterrupted so to speak by pinstripes. For the pants. Black belt, teal stripes on the sides, and black socks/stirrups. For the cap. Black with a teal bill. I think that the darker colors are better for the road, so I put them there.

Finally, the home/road jerseys. Goin' teal all the way with the jerseys. I think that the Marlins had a teal BP jersey back in the day, but I'm not sure. I decided to try this because I had seen teal Marlins jerseys, I just was not sure if they were old BP's or fashion jerseys. Numbers on the front of this jersey because I wanted to make them even more different from the primaries. White wordmark, numerals, and lettering on this jersey with a thin black outline. The white seems easy to see and distinguish from the teal, and gives a good contrast. I originally wanted to go with white piping on the jersey, but it would not have looked right with a white wordmark. I tried it, and I didn't like how it looked. The pants, I went with a black belt, black stripe, and black stirrups/socks because these jerseys are home AND road alternates. I kept the cap on this alternate the same as the home cap (all teal) because I wanted to keep some of the home elements of the uniform somewhere besides the jersey only which is all teal. Again, the pants have black in them and the cap is completely teal because I wanted to keep some home elements on the jersey while putting some road elements on it too.

Also, for the radial arched player names, (that's what the Atlanta Braves used to use right??) I wanted to have vertically arched names, but I couldn't do that. I typed the names in MS Word, and arched it via word art. If anyone knows of an easier way that I can arch names (vertically or radially, it doesn't matter) please tell me, it would be greatly appreciated.

C & C as always with this concept.

FloridaMarlinsUniformConcept.png

Not badly executed for a difficult color to work with. I sort of like it, although I'm not sure they should wear the teal numbers over black pinstripes. In my opinion, pinstripes look like crap on everyone except the Yankees, but more importantly, light numbers on dark pinstripes on a light jersey could be hard to read.

My only advice is: if you're going to explain your design at length, try to give some insight into the thought process behind why you designed it the way you did, rather than just listing every element of the uniform verbally and saying "because I thought it looked good." See some of Bucco B's concepts for effective explanations.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Ditch the pinstripes. Not sure about the teal hat--didn't much like it when they wore it for a few minutes back in the early to mid 90s. One thing it does improve, though, is having better contrast between the F and the rest of the hat.

I do think the teal jersey looks pretty cool, though. Mariners wore wore a few times, I think, or at least had one in their repertoire, before they deemphasized teal.

Kill the pinstripes on the home set. The teal #'s wouldn't exactly look bad against a white background, but those pinstripes take away from the "pop" of the teal numbers. And it you're going to use teal #'s (or wahtever shade that is--to me it looks more like a neon aqua that the Marlins use, I'd outline them in black, just to make them stand out more. (If you want to use the silver, I'd use it to outline the BLACK around the numbers.) And, although I'm all for using teal, I somehow believe your current road cap would look better for both sets--plus it would better balance out the teal and the black on the home set. (I might be the only one to think this, but I'd LOVE to see what teal stirrups--or high socks--would look like in real life.)

Or maybe, just maybe, try a home vest with a black undershirt. Maybe that would tie all the colors together to create a distinct and uniquely "South Florida baseball" look...short of orange, of course.

(btw...whitedawg22...'preciate the shout-out there!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Piping and pinstripes do not work well together under ANY circumstances.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

UPDATE: I got rid of the pinstripes on the home jersey. The name is teal outlined in silver and the numbers are teal outlined in black with a silver outline around the black. Also a teal stripe was added on the pants.

For the road unis. I left them pretty much the same except for the numbers. They are black outlined in teal with silver outlining the teal.

For the alternate unis. Again, I left them pretty much the same. The only difference is that the numbers are now white outlined in black with silver outlining the black.

C & C of course.

FloridaMarlinsUniformConcept-1.png

Archived