Surprises in NBA Live 07

chakfu

The Jazz one is so boring.

I like the Jazz one, for its return to the far better wordmark of the previous 10 years, and also for the "UTAH" on the shorts stripe.

The Wizards one... sweet holy blue hell. I don't know what on Earth that's about but keep it in the realm of 0s and 1s, and out of the realm of nylon and polyester. Mismatched shorts? I don't think that's been done professionally since the Mephis TAMs of the ABA had three sets of unis (green, gold, and white, thank you Charlie O.) and interchanged tops and trunks freely. Oh, it sucked then, too.

I get the feeling these are concepts done by a programmer who shares our uni fetish.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Jazz...what, no purp? eh well, it's better than their regulars...and the Jazz still had that wordmark on em, but like the Magic were suddenly too stupid to put it to use.

Wiz...Saints, Hickory High and a dash of the Unseld Bullets. while I won't go to the length of calling it the greatest of all time, I do like how it flows together and all.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, I agree with people with my only comment being I wish the Jazz jersey being done in traditional purple, to link with the legendary Jazz players (Stockton, Malone, Hornacek) of the past.

I think the Jazz have completely re-worked their whole image to disconnect themselves from those great 90's teams. A few more playoff-less seasons, combined with Jerry Sloan retiring/being fired, and the transformation will be complete. How sad.

Then again, with the crusade against purple in the sports world, I wouldn't be suprised to find only the Vikings and Lakers left sooner than later.

i really doubt the lakers and vikes will follow the trend and dump purple, they have had purple since before the d-backs and bucks adopted it as a color, it is more of a tradition for them. on the topic of the jazz in Live 07, anybody notice that while the game is loading when you turn it on(at least on ps2) they show all the teams logos, and the jazz one is the new version made up of navy and light blue, but when selecting teams, if you pick the jazz it shows the old version complete with purple, and that brown color. wierd.

i really doubt the lakers and vikes will follow the trend and dump purple

he didnt say that, he said he wouldnt be suprisd if the vikings and lakers were the only ones left wearing purple in sports...highly unlikely, but still it is true that especially this year more and more teams are losing purple in their color scheme. i love those wizards jerseys for some reason. Jazz- kinda expected this or a black alternate. glad they picked light blue over black

utahwashfront.gif

utahwashback.gif

The Jazz unis kick ass. I'm predicting that in a couple of years, they're going to make that the primary.

But the Wizards...its DEFINITELY unique AND it looks good. I like it.

And, here's a pic of an actual replica of the Wizards jersey:

41-56003-f.jpg

The real jerseys will be unveiled later today.

I must say: I don't like the wordmark they used (basically, the Wizards' primary wordmark, put on a slant). I prefer the curvier Wizards wordmark on their primary jerseys, with the larger "Wu-Tang" W, and the basketball/crescent moon as an accent for the "I." To me, if they were set on using the primary wordmark, they should have kept it horizontal.

A few other discrepancies:

-the replica has a v-neck (which I prefer to the standard neck shown in the NBA 2K pic)

-the replica is missing accent stars on the shoulders and above the name plate.

Overall, I like the jersey, but I agree with most that I'd prefer to see it paired with gold shorts, instead of black.

another surprise to me in Live 07 is the GS Warriors shorts. as you can see from this photo of JRich, the warrior logo is only on the back left leg of the shorts...

031_3030~Jason-Richardson-Posters.jpg

...but in the new game, the logo is on both shorts. is it a programing glitch or a new uni element?

From Ivan Carter's blog at WashingtonPost.com:

The Wizards are unveiling their new alternate uniforms tonight. They'll be two-toned with black shorts and gold jerseys. I also saw some kind of pattern of stars running up the side of the jersey. Arenas said he likes them because he already has a pair of shoes that will match. Antonio Daniels must have a different view. As he walked past me in the hallway on his way out of the building, he asked: "You seen the uniforms?" "Nope," I said, "What do you think?" Daniels made a face - the kind of face I used to make when moms forced me to eat veggies - and kept walking.

Word is that the team is going to transition to blue, black and gold as a color combination while dumping the bronze color that is on the current home and away jerseys. Arenas still wants to go back to a red, white and blue pattern but that's not going to happen.

I think the jersey looks great (love the stars), but the lettering and black shorts are terrible. Add gold shorts and a better typeface, and then I think you have a significant upgrade. As it is, I'm with Antonio Daniels.

And, here's a pic of an actual replica of the Wizards jersey:

41-56003-f.jpg

The real jerseys will be unveiled later today.

I must say: I don't like the wordmark they used (basically, the Wizards' primary wordmark, put on a slant). I prefer the curvier Wizards wordmark on their primary jerseys, with the larger "Wu-Tang" W, and the basketball/crescent moon as an accent for the "I." To me, if they were set on using the primary wordmark, they should have kept it horizontal.

A few other discrepancies:

-the replica has a v-neck (which I prefer to the standard neck shown in the NBA 2K pic)

-the replica is missing accent stars on the shoulders and above the name plate.

Overall, I like the jersey, but I agree with most that I'd prefer to see it paired with gold shorts, instead of black.

I love how the "wizards" looks on the front of the jersey.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived