Pedro out for the postseason

marlinfan

Well the wya hes pitched lately its for the better he stinks, I feel good with El Duque, Glavine, Miane and Pray to god Trachshel pitches good, and the Mets score allot of runs.

The Bullpen is the Mets key.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well the wya hes pitched lately its for the better he stinks, I feel good with El Duque, Glavine, Miane and Pray to god Trachshel pitches good, and the Mets score allot of runs.

The Bullpen is the Mets key.

... He's been pitching poorly because of the injury.

IUe6Hvh.png

Mets

End

The

Season.

I don't really care who comes out of the NL, but without Martinez I think the Mets are really vulnerable, especially in a first round short series.

Yeah exactly, who's gonna get that wild card. I know Philly's alive, but it's lookin'more like SD or LA will get it. I'm gonna say the Dodgers will get the wild card and the Padres will win the NL West. Los Angeles will be hot coming into postseason play. I'm not saying the Mets will be upset, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

That's too bad.

Injuries are a part of the game, but it sucks that this one will change the complexion of the postseason so much...

...spoken like a fan who's #2 starter, thanks to injury, is named "Boof."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

WASHINGTON -- New York Mets will be missing ace Pedro Martinez for more than just the postseason.

The Mets right-hander will have rotator cuff surgery next week and be out eight months. The injury is expected to sideline him until at least June.

Martinez, who turns 35 this month, was already out for the playoffs because of a torn tendon in his left calf. The Mets won the NL East and start the playoffs next week at home.

The Mets said it was not known when or how Martinez hurt himself. He went 9-8 during an injury-filled season that was slowed by ailments to his hip, right calf and toe.

Martinez lasted only 2 2/3 innings at Atlanta on Wednesday as he tried to recover from an injury to his right calf. An MRI exam the next day showed the problem with his other calf, and also revealed the trouble in his rotator cuff.

Martinez got a second opinion, which concurred with the Mets' reading.

Mets general manager Omar Minaya said he spoke to Martinez. Asked whether the pitcher was considering retirement, Minaya said, "Absolutely not."

Minus the three-time Cy Young winner, the Mets will have Orlando Hernandez pitch Game 1 and Tom Glavine start Game 2. It has not yet been determined which team the Mets will play in the first round, or the date of the opener.

Steve Trachsel and John Maine also could start later for the Mets in the best-of-five round

The Mets have been without Pedro for a better part of the season. He was out at the start and had nagging injuries all year. His last two starts were horrific. I knew this was more than a calf muscle. You could tell by the way he was throwing lately that his arm was hurting. Not to sat that having a Cy Young winner isn't a plus, but I think they'll be okay without him.

I'm saying it now.

Phillies-Yankees in October.

Whoops!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived