Second Try At Uniforms With Head and Arms

mohelmets

Nick,

Those really look great...

I have a question for everyone.....Does anyone have a vector version of the template that pcqd posted? I would like to get it to use to make a side view of my/Nick's template....If anyone has it, please send it to me.....

Thanks,

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Here's my final modifactions. The difference in the two are the collars.

Football_Template_Person.gif

It seems to me that it is still a little off. First off, it seems if he has too much sleeve material, giving him what looks like Brian Urlacher's forearms with Star Jones' biceps :P Also, try tightening up the collar around the neck so that the chest looks like it fits the body....

Example

templete-adjustment.png

Just my $.02

Great job Nick....

Here's my final modifactions. The difference in the two are the collars.

*IMAGE*

It seems to me that it is still a little off. First off, it seems if he has too much sleeve material, giving him what looks like Brian Urlacher's forearms with Star Jones' biceps :P Also, try tightening up the collar around the neck so that the chest looks like it fits the body....

Example

templete-adjustment.png

Just my $.02

Great job Nick....

Okay, look at this right here. This is a uniform with no pads for the upper body, granted the length of the legs are out of proportion, but forget about that for a second. Look at how the shoulders form into the arms, and compare that to the other template and consider the shoulder pads on top of them.

1920-Uniform-02.jpg

I did not create that template, its never been posted here before, so I don't feel right sending it out to anyone.

I just wanted to offer suggestions on how to correct the slight imperfections. The human form is really hard because if something is just slightly off, its not going to look right. Same with faces. If one minor thing is off, it'll never look like the person its intended to.

The other thing is, (and this is one of the most important things I ever learned in art and design) just because that's how it is in real life, doesn't mean it looks right. When you are making a logo, a design, a drawing, whatever, it it doesn't look correct, its not. Just because a person's head is the correct 1:7 ratio to the rest of their body in a drawing, if it looks like its too small, its too small. Its called artistic licence, and you can feel free to change anything you need to make something look right. Some dogs have wiskers, but do you ever see wiskers in a dog logo?

These pads are still too wide, it looks like a HS player or a player from the 80s. Pads have gotten smaller and better fitting over the years. If you see pads that big on a player now, typically they don't have them buckled.

I think the suggestions that ghettofarmboy made would really help, and its always worth a try. If its wrong its wrong.

Nick that old school template is going to be really sweet!

I did not create that template, its never been posted here before, so I don't feel right sending it out to anyone.

I just wanted to offer suggestions on how to correct the slight imperfections. The human form is really hard because if something is just slightly off, its not going to look right. Same with faces. If one minor thing is off, it'll never look like the person its intended to.

The other thing is, (and this is one of the most important things I ever learned in art and design) just because that's how it is in real life, doesn't mean it looks right. When you are making a logo, a design, a drawing, whatever, it it doesn't look correct, its not. Just because a person's head is the correct 1:7 ratio to the rest of their body in a drawing, if it looks like its too small, its too small. Its called artistic licence, and you can feel free to change anything you need to make something look right. Some dogs have wiskers, but do you ever see wiskers in a dog logo?

These pads are still too wide, it looks like a HS player or a player from the 80s. Pads have gotten smaller and better fitting over the years. If you see pads that big on a player now, typically they don't have them buckled.

I think the suggestions that ghettofarmboy made would really help, and its always worth a try. If its wrong its wrong.

Nick that old school template is going to be really sweet!

I tried making them smaller, but like you said before, they just didn't look right. I'm going off of some of today's quarterbacks for the shoulderpads, the way they look on this, #1 example - Jake Plummer. I know his sleeves are loose, but I like it better combined with the elastic cuffed sleeves. I think there are a few other QB's today that have the "80's" shoulderpad look to them.

Thanks, I still have to do one for each 'uniform era' from the late 30's to the early 90's, so it'll be a little bit, but it will also be fun for me to do.

Nick,

I can understand where you are coming from, after all, the goal of a template is to be as accurate as you can to the real thing. But my point was that 90% of football players today have tight sleeves, if they have sleeves at all. Plus, most shoulder pads are so small today they are hardly noticeable under the jersey....

Please don't consider that an attack in any way. I was just pointing out what I see. However, this is YOUR template, not mine, so you a totally free to do whatever you wish to it. Heck, I probably wouldn't even attempt something like this, so props to you. You are one of the best designers on this board, hands down.

Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done....

GFB

• 1 month later...

Is there a ms paint verison of this template yet Nick? I would like the one with the visor. Thanks e-mail it to me at tpstingers29@yahoo.com

ur e-mail isn't working for me, is it the right one??.....I tried sendin you a pain version......get the email right and ill be happy to email it to u....ill pm u

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived