WHL alt jerseys/NHL news

OMMF

Everett, WA - Adding some spice during the Everett Silvertips home opening weekend, the hockey club will unveil their Saturday night forest green alternate jersey on Saturday, September 30 against the Kamloops Blazers at 7:05 p.m. at the Everett Events Center. The alternate jerseys will have a retro jersey feel with a tie up front and the alternate bear claw logo on the front of the jersey in the white and forest green color. The Silvertips will be the only team in the Western Hockey league to wear two different alternate jerseys throughout this season and the playoffs.

The only time that the Silvertips have worn a non-traditional jersey was last season when the Silvertips wore a special jersey to help public address announcer Dave Piland in his fight against cancer.

"This is an exciting day for the Silvertips," said team Vice-President / General Manager Doug Soetaert. "Both of our alternate jerseys are terrific looking and we believe players and fans alike will be proud to wear it."

"We wanted our alternate jersey; to be worn as much as possible this season and that is why we wanted to have something that we could wear both on the road and at home." added Soetaert.

"It has been a fun process," said Silvertips Director of Operations Zoran Rajcic. "It's been quite collaboration between the team, the Western Hockey League and Reebok." The initial designs underwent several changes with Reebok producing all jerseys.

Rajcic said work began on the jersey design more than a year and a half ago with Reebok. Originally Reebok was hesitant to produce two alternate jerseys for the same season since no team has done that in the past but based upon the Silvertips jersey sales in the past, Reebok will use the Silvertips concept as a test market for the NHL.

Interesting last sentence there.

Also, in other alternate news:

Seattle,  September 28, 2006 -  The Seattle Thunderbirds will unveil a special 30th Anniversary jersey at their home opener on Saturday, September 30, against the Vancouver Giants. Game time is 7:05 p.m. at KeyArena.

The special 30th Anniversary jersey will be worn at all 15 Saturday home games this season.

The 30th Anniversary jersey was a joint design effort between the T-Birds staff, led by Ana Davenport, and head coach Rob Sumner. The jersey will be black, white, silver and blue, will have two commemorative shoulder patches celebrating the T- Birds and the Seattle Breakers and will have a unique Seattle logo on the front.

?We wanted to create a jersey that was unique and celebrated 30 years of WHL hockey in Seattle,? said T-Birds Director of Operations Rick Ronish. ?I think we did that with this jersey.?

The T-Birds will continue to wear their alternate jerseys this season, meaning along with the home whites, road blues and 30th Anniversary jersey, the T-Birds will wear four jerseys this season.

Rumor says it is in the style of the old Ducks third, with the jersey lace-up and color scheme.

Not quite, actually - the Rangers have used both blue and white versions of the Liberty jersey, but never in the same season. The Ducks, however, did wear four jerseys in one season (I believe).

also

Am I the only one here that still just gets super-annoyed every time I see jersey news about the Seattle Thunderbirds?

I like 'em!!! As far as the team name, "Silvertips", original and I love it.

The Everett team has been around about 5 year (maybe more), but I love their colors, logos and the name. But that's my opinion. Not trying to offend anyone.

:D

The Everett team has been around about 5 year (maybe more), but I love their colors, logos and the name. But that's my opinion. Not trying to offend anyone.

actually the silvertips have been around for less years. they joined the dub in 2004. But back to the jerseys i like them, i really like the regualr jerseys with the trees on the bottoms. love the colors 2.

yah its been maybe 2 years but anyways i like them it'd be better if it was just the wordmark but this is good too. better than their currents i think

As others have stated, that 'Tips alt would look better with just the paw logo. I must say that I like the subtle, classic look of these alts. Good jorb, Everett!

I can't wait to see that T-Birds alt... I'm almost giddy! After reading what OMMF said:

Rumor says it is in the style of the old Ducks third...

I can only hope it looks like this...

tbirdsjokealt.gif

The puck's in your zone, OMMF! :D

As others have stated, that 'Tips alt would look better with just the paw logo.  I must say that I like the subtle, classic look of these alts.  Good jorb, Everett!

I can't wait to see that T-Birds alt...  I'm almost giddy!  After reading what OMMF said:

tbirdsjokealt.gif

Sadly, it does not. :P

B000CBZHJG.jpg

Replace the eggplant with Tbird blue and Seattle in script across the chest. No team name above the city name. Breakers logo patch on one shoulder, the 30th anniversary patch on the other. Alt typeface used for numbers and name on back. I think it would have looked better with the normal home/road typeface on the back.

Good to see the Seattle castoff doing well in PDX.

As others have stated, that 'Tips alt would look better with just the paw logo. I must say that I like the subtle, classic look of these alts. Good jorb, Everett!

I can't wait to see that T-Birds alt... I'm almost giddy! After reading what OMMF said:

tbirdsjokealt.gif

Likely? No.

Awesome? YES! I would buy that in an instant.

I have been a Tips fan since the beginning, 2003-04 season. I actually prefer the original jerseys. I agree with most others, the paw or word, not both. I hate the T-birds because of the rivalry between them, Everett and my old team Tacoma (@#$% Kelowna) but I am looking forward to their anniversary jersey. Cant wait for the pics. GO TIPS!!!

Archived