reward decals in football.....

kreg13

i've always been fascinated by these...done right they can be really cool, otherwise they can be a big mess......here's a few i found, i'm sure some of you have some faves, and know the stories behind them....

helmetwdec.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going with the noles because they don't detract from the helmet and they are different than the helmet logo. I HATE the buckeyes because they have a plain silver helmet and then these "pot" leaves (I know it's not pot) with a white background. The white background on the sticker and lack of a logo make me hate them...plus I hate the team too so that doesn't help.

KISSwall09.jpg

Unfortunately, with the return of the retro helmets, BYU also returned to the cougar head awards stickers that had been discontinued in 1995. Now, in addition to awarding blue cougar heads for on field achievement as before, they also award gold cougar heads for off field achievement. I never liked the stickers and was glad when the team voted to get rid of them in 95 because the actual cougar head logo is cheap looking and clutters up an otherwise clean helmet.

Helmet.jpg

You see the gold ones on the back of Gabriel's helmet (if you squint really hard):

34.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I'm partial to Ohio State. For as long as I can remember they always fill the left side from the back first and then move to the right side when the left side is full. It looks good unlike some other schools where the reward stickers are put on willy nilly. I believe it is Orlando Pace who holds the record for most buckeyes. His senior year his entire helmet was covered, he got to the point where the buckeyes he was awarded could no longer go on his helmet because there wasn't enough room. This helmet is colleg football to me.

FBhelmet.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived