Dodgers Cap Logo Concept

averyj

I know it's pretty much untouchable but I gave my shot at creating a new cap logo.

It's kind of messy though.

alternatealternatedodgerslogowithsw.png

I took the "L" and "A" from the away uniforms and cleaned them up a lot, added a swoosh at the end, elongated the tail of the L and connected them together, all in mspaint. (Not to brag :P )

what do you all think?

(Note: This isn't the concept I am talking about in my sig, that would be sad...)

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

well, yeah I know that, that's why I said "I know it's pretty much untouchable " so the comment "DEAR GOD NO!" was unnecessary. I know that they'll never change it.

I really like it. Helps diversify the Dodgers away from the rest of the California teams that seem to all have the same block font on their hats (SF, SD). Also seems to give it a kind of i dunno retro style being a nice cursive script. Great job and that would be very unique in the world of MLB.

Actually kind of nice. Maybe if you added the flying baseball in the background, it might distinguish itself a bit from the existing interlocking-LA. It incorporates the flow of the "Dodgers" script to, which is why I think the flying baseball might work well.

Nicely done.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't know ... I think this is pretty solid actually, and maybe should see the light of day. Never to replace the interlocking LA, only to serve as an alt to it. Its still has a very Dodgers feel to it, and I think its simply a more themed and stylized version of what they have. Very nice execution on being able to pull that off, while still keeping it so brand-centered.

this is kind of like messing with the yankees pinstripes

Or the Rangers blue collars <_<

I don't think this is half bad. It's a nice start, but it could use an outline, or something inthe background; a baseball, like I think someone already said.

well, yeah I know that, that's why I said "I know it's pretty much untouchable " so the comment "DEAR GOD NO!" was unnecessary. I know that they'll never change it.

You do realize that I said that it would work fine for a BP logo. "Dear God No" was in reference to replacing the arguably most recognizeable logo in California.

VmWIn6B.png

Ergh. Evaluate concepts as concepts, not by what they would replace.

This is a great logo. For any other LA-based team, it would be fantastic. It's simple, yet distinctive.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Here it is without the ball (I'll add it in later)

alternatealternatedodgerslogowit-1.png

Do you think I should add a scoop on the end of the right fork of the "A" ?

Archived