Chargers

random_ax

Do the Charger fans (in SD or anywhere else) prefer the collegiate blue (aka powder blue) jerseys with the white helmets to the current Chargers' uniforms/helmets????

I have always liked the old ones and a buddy of mine in the area says that a great deal of the locals want the vintage collegiate blue look back full-time.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly, ownership likes them more, but doesn't like the white version. I could be wrong, but I think they're wearing the white versions this year to see how they look and then a change could be on the way. Again, I could be wrong, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

StL, I like the top one. A perfect modernization.

As for the current unis, yes they are nice, but at the same time they're so blah. From a distance you can't see the yellow, and the primary road set (navy-white-navy) looks to much like the Bears' road set.

Also, they look to much like Denver, who also wears navy jerseys, white pants, and a navy helmet with a primaraly white mark.

Personally I would love to see the powder blues come back full time, but at the same time I recongnize their shortcommings. I also recongnize the brilliance of the current set's consistancy.

So here's my ideal solution: Take the current set, lighten the navy a shade or two, and then switch all the yellow and white. Keep the powder blues as twice a year alternates.

Also, Denver needs to switch to their orange alts as their primary dark jerseys. Then the colour will be back in the AFC West!

stl fanatic's are fantastic. i hadn't seen them before.

i'll post my concept in here too, while i'm here. i have a cure for the albino-bolt on the white pants, too... but i haven't updated it yet.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=36277&hl=

sd-home.png

sd-homecombos.png

sd-roadcombos.png

(i do not necessarily condone the monochrome sets. they're simply there for the sake of completeness.)

There are only three of those guys, and they all post here.

Do the Charger fans (in SD or anywhere else) prefer the collegiate blue (aka powder blue) jerseys with the white helmets to the current Chargers' uniforms/helmets????

I have always liked the old ones and a buddy of mine in the area says that a great deal of the locals want the vintage collegiate blue look back full-time.

In a word, YES.

By every measure, the fans overwhelmingly prefer the collegiate blue. The owner won't change it, though, because he was the one who selected the navy in the first place and it's the only "stamp" he's been able to leave on the organization.

Simply check out the stands at home Charger games.  Clearly, the fans prefer the powder blue.

But what about the silent majority who love the royal blue? Who speaks for them?

AAED005.jpg

I would advocate those full time, but they would need some tweeks first.

The bolts on the helmet and the white jersey have a double outline, but the bolts on the blue jersey and pants have a single outline. That's why I propose just switching the colours of the current uniforms to more closley reflect the Fouts-era uniforms, but without those uniforms' consistancy problems.

I think the navy blues look awesome, and I think the powder blues have some good thought behind them but aren't executed quite right.

Thus, I'll take this opportunity to post my ideas...

chargers.gif

chargers2.gif

i love the bottom 4.....best chargers concept, I've ever seen....... no joke, great job.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i think it's sad that neither the chargers nor the oilers/titans wear powder/columbia blue.

traditionally speaking, that's like the raiders not wearing black.

i dislike navy blue.

i think it's sad that neither the chargers nor the oilers/titans wear powder/columbia blue.

traditionally speaking, that's like the raiders not wearing black.

i dislike navy blue.

Is the shoulder panel not Columbia blue?

young_v_titans_050406_300.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived