carolina panthers

cableguy

Did anyone notice that the Carolina Panthers have now gone with the trend of reducing their shoulder stripes? I believe they have been one of the few hold outs to have their stripes go completely around the arm and meet underneath. Well while watching the game against the Saints I noticed that is no longer the case.

I know this is a result of the new style jerseys but I just cant get used to seeing stripes going just half way around the arm.

The stripes never went all the way around the arms of the larger players

1996 (#66's don't go around, Collins' do):

panthers.jpg

2003 (Jenkins' and Rucker's don't, Minter's do):

SUPER_BOWL_SUPER_BO_6722414.jpg

This season it appears that some Panthers have complete stripes (for instance, Delhomme and Steve Smith) but some don't (for instance, DeAngelo Williams). Based on an unscientific survey of available photos, it looks like most still do.

pl_679980.jpgpl_652244.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Seeing as how all the striping on the Panthers' uniforms are Ericcson cellphone blue, it makes one wonder how said-solor stripes would look on the helmet in place of the black ones that are currently there...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would think the bigger inconsistency would be why some panthers are missing the logo on the pants...some on both sets. I'm pretty sure Foster doesn't have them.

KISSwall09.jpg

Seeing as how all the striping on the Panthers' uniforms are Ericcson cellphone blue, it makes one wonder how said-solor stripes would look on the helmet in place of the black ones that are currently there...

I've always thought that. Every other stripe is blue outlined in black, why is their helmet stripes black outlined in blue. And why can't they get a consistent width between the two. The players wearing the non revo ridell helmets have them pretty far apart, while the players wearing the schutt and revo helmets have the stripes closer together. It bugs me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've always thought that. Every other stripe is blue outlined in black, why is their helmet stripes black outlined in blue. And why can't they get a consistent width between the two. The players wearing the non revo ridell helmets have them pretty far apart, while the players wearing the schutt and revo helmets have the stripes closer together. It bugs me.

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge someplace?!

man i love the panthers jerseys

ugh i dont. i think theyre ugly

maybe cause i despised that shade of blue so bad for a week before the NFC Championship game

haha i'll never forget i sat at that game next to this 25 yr old dude with the powderblue jersey and everytime the hawks scored a TD i'd high five everyone around me incuding him. he left me hangin and i laughed my ass off each time.

I wish they would ditch the blue socks and go with black socks. Too much blue!

Yes, every NFL team should work black into their uniform as much as possible.

puke.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I know you're joking, but just in case I'll remind you that the blue is Carolina blue and not celphone blue.

I think its funny that their uni combo uses silver pants at home and white pants away. I think they may be the only team that does that.

I know you're joking, but just in case I'll remind you that the blue is Carolina blue and not celphone blue.

It's not Carolina blue. Two completely different blues between the Panthers and UNC. I think I remember the Panthers' blue being referred to on this board as "Test Blue."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's not Carolina blue. Two completely different blues between the Panthers and UNC. I think I remember the Panthers' blue being referred to on this board as "Test Blue."

I would need proof of that before conceding that it is not Carolina Blue because I remember when they were unveiled the idea was to use that shade of blue to honor Carolina. If someone can throw the official uni color palatte I'd appreciate it. It probably is what you are saying but like I said I heard it was supposed to be Carolina blue.

I think its funny that their uni combo uses silver pants at home and white pants away. I think they may be the only team that does that.

I think they are. It's a bit redundant, but it's better then having two sets of silver pants *cough*Cowboys*cough*.

Carolina's uniform set is near perfect. I just think they need to go with silver pants with their white jerseys, just to balance the helmet out.

I would need proof of that before conceding that it is not Carolina Blue because I remember when they were unveiled the idea was to use that shade of blue to honor Carolina. If someone can throw the official uni color palatte I'd appreciate it. It probably is what you are saying but like I said I heard it was supposed to be Carolina blue.

Call PANTONE out of hiding...he'll let you know if you can get a hold of him...although I can about bet my lunch $ that if it is any kind of Carolina blue, it'd be Carolina PANTHERS blue, seeing as to how damn near every major pro sports team names its "unique colors" after themselves (PRIME EXAMPLE: Seahawk Blue, or more specifically, Cleveland Browns Orange).

But with this Carolina team, that "Ericcson cellphone blue" kinda runs a little deeper: who besides me remembers that when that stadium opened, it was named ERICCSON Stadium, after the the company? Is it then any small coincidence that that particular shade of blue was used? (And now, those of you could never could make that association between that shade of blue and why I call it ericcson celllphone blue, you now have your answer.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived