Pirates in Red

gilesy24

I've heard that someone in the front office has always wanted to have red and even maybe blue on an alt (red/blue were the original colors) and I'm not in any way against a new red uni. But would they replace the Sunday home alts with the stipes? They should make those the regular home uni and then make a red jersey the Sunday home alt.

My main question is though...

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PANTS WILL YOU WEAR WITH THESE? I doubt gray would be good if they are infact road jerseys.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't some teams this year or at least recently come out with "road jackets" that were fashion? I remember seeing a Mariners' one in gray with the road wordmark Seattle across the chest, but I don't think I've ever seen the team wear them.

P0102194.jpgP0102193.jpgP0102197.jpg

It looks like they are still around at Starstruck and have a similar design to the Pirates red so they might be worn next year for some teams.

These were the ones that Bobby Cox hated so much, that he would "rather wear pink" that wear those jackets. In fact, so that MLB wouldn't fine him for not wearing it, he one time had towels draped over him when he wore it during a game.

The Braves alt jacket looks better in red than this thing.

P0102191.jpg

Oh yeah, a pic of Cox wearing the jacket in question (unfortunately, not the towel pic).

horrible_braves_gray_jacket.jpg

the players should be forced to wear 70s-sized afros, too.

You'd probably have to wait some time to see Jason Bay and Freddy Sanchez with 'fros.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Hey, if it helps the Pirates actually win enough to be competitive, I don't care if they wear polka-dotted dresses out on the field... as long as they're black and gold. I realize red and blue were once part of the Pirate color scheme, but that was almost a half century ago, and adding red to the current black/gold is like putting ketchup on a rice cake - something that shouldn't even be THOUGHT about, let alone done.

nav-logo.png

Hey, if it helps the Pirates actually win enough to be competitive, I don't care if they wear polka-dotted dresses out on the field... as long as they're black and gold. I realize red and blue were once part of the Pirate color scheme, but that was almost a half century ago, and adding red to the current black/gold is like putting ketchup on a rice cake - something that shouldn't even be THOUGHT about, let alone done.

You do realize you're talking about Pittsburgh, right? This is Ketchup Central...home of John Heinz, founder of the popular and well-known Heinz company (known chiefly for its KETCHUP)...and in this city, people put ketchup on EVERYTHING...

(okay I'll leave now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Starstruck has it in their new catalog:

Pittsburgh Pirates Alternate Color Premier Jacket

There are a few other teams with the alternate color jackets too. Maybe it isn't what the Pirates will be switching too. Maybe it's just a fashion jacket.

That red alt jacket and jersey would look cool with my matching black, red, and gold cowgirl boots!! yee- haw!! or arrgh!! for that matter!!

Starstruck has it in their new catalog:

Pittsburgh Pirates Alternate Color Premier Jacket

There are a few other teams with the alternate color jackets too. Maybe it isn't what the Pirates will be switching too. Maybe it's just a fashion jacket.

That red alt jacket and jersey would look cool with my matching black, red, and gold cowgirl boots!! yee- haw!! or arrgh!! for that matter!!

strangely enough, one could also get a matching indian headdress. heh, I'd just wear the headdress and eschew the jacket, but then i'm a crazy mug.

I know one thing, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the Pirates wearing a red jersey, as the three colors complement each other, each makin the other two pop. If they brought back the 90s Pittsburgh script for these, that'd be, as some folks say, the shh...da bomb, baby, bomb, baby :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 3 months later...

The Pirates need to bring back these unis:

nl_1978_pittsburgh_01.gif

Why?

Because if the Pirates are going to continue to suck they should at least try to do something that sets them apart from the rest of MLB. Oh, and the players should be forced to wear 70s-sized afros, too.

And the pillbox hat is one of,if not,the greatest baseball hats ever. Pillbox Power!

If they unveil the uniforms that I saw, you Pirates fans are gonna be pissed.

It's worse than just, oh, I don't know, a solid-red vest with a black undershirt that says "PIRATES" across the front?

Or, maybe the front has that pirate head on one side and a number on the other side. That'd be pretty barfy.

1zgyd8w.jpg

If they unveil the uniforms that I saw, you Pirates fans are gonna be pissed.

It's worse than just, oh, I don't know, a solid-red vest with a black undershirt that says "PIRATES" across the front?

Or, maybe the front has that pirate head on one side and a number on the other side. That'd be pretty barfy.

LOL, and what color pants?

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Archived