BBM

What would you rather see return...

Personally I think both the MLB and NFL have progressively looked worse over the past decase or so, and not just because of wonky uniform designs, but because the dresscode itself is changing, for the worse. I know there's a lot of discussion about how bad sleeve stripes look in the NFL these days, and there's also a longing for MLB players to start showing some sock.

So if you could only pick one to come back into the fray, which would it be?

As cool as NFL sleeves used to look, I'd have to say the baseball sock/stirrups. It's a shame most players wear pajamas nowadays.

This is a really tough call. However, since I expect that baseball pants will someday return to normal, I will go with football sleeves. Teams clinging desperately to the stripes designed for 3/4 length sleeves look horrible and I see little hope for a return to the good old days without a push from on high.

I actually prefer the long one-colored sock(see: Soriano) over the stirrups.

But I'd totally like to see more players wearing that look.

I would rather see sleeves return, seeing as how baseball fashion seems to be cyclical we'll probably see stirrups again one day. Sleeves in football are a dying breed worn by only a few kickers and quarterbacks. If it's a tight jersey they want, then I don't get why they can't make a sleeve that is tight, but extends to about mid-bicep.

The whole reason for stirrups in the first place is no longer valid, so if players went back to them, they would be doing so just for the sake of being 'retro.'

Stirrups were meant to replicate colored socks, so just wear colored sock.

After seeing The Browns Orpheus Roye against The Raiders on Sunday it's an easy call...Bring back the sleeves!

I think a better variant on this would have been the return of the hiked pants in baseball, not necessarily just stirrups. And since both of them are still around, I opt for the return of the sleeve. Doesn't necessarily have to be the loose floppy sleeve--after all, that's what sleeve ribs/cuffs were designed for--as a closure to fit the sleeves over all that padding. If the padding's too much for said jersey, tailor more room in the sleeves, then. But this mess like what Mr. Christopher Hovan likes to wear has GOT TO STOP. I understand linemenr like their jerseys tight so the opposing lineman have less to grab at, but pretty soon, if this Hovan-ish mess keeps up, these guys are going to be playing in SPANDEX...or worse yet...with the jersey numbers painted DIRECTLY ON THEM.

So yes--SOME semblance of sleeves needs to return. That way teams who are desperately holding on to 3/4 sleeve stripes like it was the last thing on Earth to live for (Steelers, Lions, even the Bears) will at least look half-decent in doing so.

Now, as for the truncated shoulder stripes, depending on which jersey cut a team wears, that one I can understand (I'm speaking specifically of the Colts and the UCLA Bruins here.) Now yes, newer advances in technology should make it entirely possible to tailor stripes that go all the way around, or at least mostly around, but when I see teams like the Carolina Panthers (whose shoulder stripes look as if they were DESIGNED to go all-around) with truncated striping, THAT becomes a travesty.

So, in conclusion, if I had to pick one, I'd opt for the return of sleeves on NFL jerseys.

I'll take the football sleeves with real striping that goes around the whole sleeve.

I prefer the full length stocking look in basebal to the stirrup. My bigger issue is the lame-o pajama pants.

You would actually SEE football sleeves vs. the stirrups. Most players practically pull their pants over their cleats for god sakes. Isn't there a uniform police in the MLB? They should write a few tickets here and there.

I vote for NFL sleeves.

Sleeves. If for no other reason than sleeve stripes would make sense again (Packers, Browns, Steelers).

does the MLB have a uniform guideline policy and enforce it? I have no idea.

Regardless, stirrups or not, they have to crack down on the open legged, pajama pants some of these guys wear. They look like idiots. Everyone at mid-calf please and then let the stirrups or solid be a team choice, much like the NFL. For those few teams that do have striped socks.

On another note, please let NFL coaches wear suits, team sweater vest or something classier than fleece hoodies and manboob polo shirts.

Sleeves, no question. Someday, there won't even be sleeve logos on NFL uniforms for lack of room. Of course, Reebok will still find a way to emblazon its logo on the sleeve somehow.

Solid socks are better than the stirrups. Football sleeves are getting ridiculous. Fix the sleeves.

Oh, and with you 100% on coach apparel.

BOTH are really needed!

Stirrups MAKE the baseball uniform...they are the traditional baseball classic look and should be manditory. The same thing can be said about strips on the football sleeve...the guys are starting to look like wrestlers out there...cant someone design a uniform that allows stripes on the sleeves!

No I wouldnt want it to cme from Nike either....heavens knows what they would come up with!

On another note, please let NFL coaches wear suits, team sweater vest or something classier than fleece hoodies and manboob polo shirts.

reid917.jpgLeave my funbags out of this! :mad:

Sincerely,

Coach Reid

does the MLB have a uniform guideline policy and enforce it? I have no idea.

Regardless, stirrups or not, they have to crack down on the open legged, pajama pants some of these guys wear. They look like idiots. Everyone at mid-calf please and then let the stirrups or solid be a team choice, much like the NFL. For those few teams that do have striped socks.

Amen to the suit thing. How completely idiotic was it to turn down the request for a coach to wear a suit? This league is so anti-individualism that it sickens me. Same thing with the endzone dances. Its not that I'm in love with the over done and ridiculous end zone celebrations but at least it makes the game somewhat fun and interesting.

To make EVERY one of the coaches basically wear a coaching uniform is dumb. Look how classy Pat Riley looked in the NBA finals sporting his Armani suits. This isn't baseball, let the coaches look business like instead of wearing team garb only.

Edited by powersurge

I actually prefer the long one-colored sock(see: Soriano) over the stirrups.

But I'd totally like to see more players wearing that look.

I wore my socks the same way Soriano does. I'm a huge fan of that look. Not really a stirrup guy.