What would you rather see return...

BBM

Sleeves, by a country mile. All sleeves should extend to mid-bicep. I don't give a damn if it "impairs your performance"--a ridiculous excuse if I ever heard one. If everyone wears sleeves at the same length, then everyone's at the same relative advantage-disadvantage.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stirrups full time.

Some football teams actually don't look that bad without sleeves. Most jersey stripes are designed for jerseys that don't have sleeves. So sleeves just look bad on many modern uniforms. I think I saw a picture of Jake Plummer in a slevved jersey, and because of the Broncos' striping it looked terrible. Sleeves look fine on some of the older looks, but when it gets into nike piping etc, sleeves are a no go.

Sleeves most definately. I don't even watch baseball.

That dude looks an awful lot like Martin Gramatica...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Let me just say this: Both of them.

Stirrups just look so damn cool in baseball. Yes, they have no function, but dammit, they are a cool classic look in that sport.

Going off on another tangent for a second- I think I'm in the minority on this, but I also am a sucker for the 1980s pullover jersey style too. Frankly, the uniforms need to be back the way they were in the 1980s- form fitting, but allowing for freedom of movement. Ahh, the good ol' days....

Sleeves really look cool in football. They need to be at least two or so inches minimum. If we keep losing them, we might as well play shirts vs. skins, as Paul Lukas said in an old Uni Watch column.

That's all I need to say.

UBwef0L.png

I am with Johnnysama...

Bring them both back.

I hate the whole one colored sock. LAME.

Pretty soon these guys in MLB are going to be wearing onesy's, like your infants wear on cold winter nights, with zippers from their crotch to their neck.

Sleeves in NFL... :censored:. Everyone should have them.

The whole reason for stirrups in the first place is no longer valid, so if players went back to them, they would be doing so just for the sake of being 'retro.'

Stirrups were meant to replicate colored socks, so just wear colored sock.

Call me old-fashioned, but I would never wear colored socks for any athletic activity.

I realize that with the material nowadays, colored socks don't pose a threat to your feet that they once did. But there's something about wearing colored socks that just doesn't seem to go with wearing a baseball uniform. Kind of like wearing white socks with a suit and tie -- it just isn't done.

Bring back the stirrups. Sure, the original reason for them isn't there, but they just look like they belong with a baseball uniform.

On another note, please let NFL coaches wear suits, team sweater vest or something classier than fleece hoodies and manboob polo shirts.

landry_tom.jpg

lombardi_vince.jpg

AAEC002~Hank-Stram-Coach-Photofile-Posters.jpg

GeorgeHalasPhotoPlaque.jpg

And BTW, sleeves in a landslide.

man thats fancy right there real buissness

the cheerleaders are all the boobs i want to see

oh yeah sleeves those r classic

ATL

Archived