FSU black jersey

tron1013

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they look great. I don't know what the people who think they are hideous don't like about them. Of course you might not like them, but what's hideous about them? Oh well, as an FSU alum, I only really care if fellow fans and I like them anyways.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Put me in the small like pile as well, then again I'm also a huge fan of the Ravens black alt. The unconquered script doesn't look like it takes up a massive amount of space on the leg and they didn't use a goofy font for it. Although I'm pretty sure that no one will be able to read the numbers on the field. For a day game, maybe but I'm fairly sure the game against BC is a night game. Garnet on black at night=very hard to see numbers.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I think they look great. I don't know what the people who think they are hideous don't like about them. Of course you might not like them, but what's hideous about them? Oh well, as an FSU alum, I only really care if fellow fans and I like them anyways.

True. I just hope our Noles don't get exhausted quicker due to them being black.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Of course you might not like them, but what's hideous about them?

They're black. Simple enough? Black is not an FSU color. (Nor is it one for the Mets, Royals, Lions, Flames, etc. ...)

It could be the most stylishly perfect design put in a venue of athletic competition -- but it would still be hideous because it's black.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

That still only explains why you don't like them. If this was for a team whose priamrys included black, they probably ouldn't be as bad in you mind.

If this was for a team whose priamrys included black, they probably wouldn't be as bad in your mind.

You're exactly right. There's nothing wrong with the general design -- although gold numbers with garnet trim would be better to see from a distance or on TV.

Just that when Florida State does it, it's hideous. The hideousness of the concept eclipses any possible quality of the execution.

If this was for a team whose priamrys included black, they probably wouldn't be as bad in your mind.

You're exactly right. There's nothing wrong with the general design -- although gold numbers with garnet trim would be better to see from a distance or on TV.

Just that when Florida State does it, it's hideous. The hideousness of the concept eclipses any possible quality of the execution.

I guess you didn't read anything about why they are choosing to use black. It makes perfect sense that they'd use it, and only for special occasions. But, if you have a personal prejudice towards things that are black, well then, that's your problem.

I guess you didn't read anything about why they are choosing to use black. It makes perfect sense that they'd use it, and only for special occasions. But, if you have a personal prejudice towards things that are black, well then, that's your problem.

In order:

I had not read the original story. I didn't click on the link because I don't read blogs. But I did this time and see it's a legitimate reason.

I have no prejudice and didn't play that card. You did.

In order:

I had not read the original story. I didn't click on the link because I don't read blogs. But I did this time and see it's a legitimate reason.

I have no prejudice and didn't play that card. You did.

I wasn't playing any card. I was kidding. I would hope no one would actually equate a dislike of black jerseys with racism. And if you don't read blogs, then why are you here? But, like a lot of bloggers, you just threw in your two cents without knowing the facts. You should get informed on something before you state your opinion on it.

Maybe if it was black...anyone feel the green going on here?

It's hard to replicate a true black in a photoshop job, It should be a real black on the actual uniforms.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

And if you don't read blogs, then why are you here? But, like a lot of bloggers, you just threw in your two cents without knowing the facts. You should get informed on something before you state your opinion on it.

Message board and blog are two different things.

But I take your point and I was too quick to lump FSU in with the "black for black's sake" crowd of teams who did it solely to make a buck.

a) The photoshop effort was good - who ever did it.

B) the uniforms look terrible if they are to be the real thing - Sorry FSU, these look dumb! :cursing:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

FSU To Auction One Tribute Uniform To Support Seminole Tribe Scholarship

Special uniforms to be worn against Boston College on Oct. 21.

Oct. 11, 2006

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida State will hold an on-line auction on its official website, www.seminoles.com, beginning Thursday, October 12 with all proceeds going toward a scholarship fund for a deserving member of the Seminole Tribe who will enter Florida State in the fall. The FSU athletics department will auction only one of the special tribute uniforms which will be worn against Boston College on October 21.

FSU's football team will wear specially designed Nike uniforms as a tribute to the school's long association with the Seminole Tribe of Florida for the home game against Boston College. The pants and jerseys will be predominately black with garnet numbers and gold piping.

Fans can bid on the single set of jersey, pant and special Nike cleats that will be worn during the game beginning at 7:00 p.m. on October 12th and up until the close of the auction at midnight on Monday, October 23rd. In addition, supporters of Florida State athletics can make a donation to the scholarship fund without bidding on the uniform by sending their checks to: Seminole Boosters - Seminole Tribe Scholarship, P.O. Box 2195, Tallahassee, Florida 32316.

Florida State University has provided scholarships to Seminole Tribe members for some time and all proceeds raised through this on-line auction will go solely to this scholarship fund.

+===============================+

THis is what I expected they would do.

Archived