Anaheim Ducks Logo

beesharps

The NHL has revamped their website in time for the new season, and now displays all the team logos along the top of the page. Of note is the Ducks logo, which is now simply the "D" of the "Ducks" logo.

Makes sense, of course, as the full Ducks logo would be unintelligible at that size. Do you think the Ducks will ever get the hint and make the swap to the "D" full time? Perhaps next year with the slightly slimmer fitting Reebok jerseys coming to the NHL?

NHL.com

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

I think they would switch to the "D" full time regardless of the jersey cut. I am very much a fan of the new Ducks identity, but the "D" as the jersey crest would be even better. Some say the "D" isn't strong enough to stand alone as a jersey crest, but to those people I say look at the Canadiens and Bruins.

The new NHL website is awful. The top of it should be the bar of logos, not the freaking several inches of black/ads and a cropped picture. You can barely see anything unless you scroll way down.

I hear that. I also think the logos are entirely TOO SMALL. Even at 800x600 (call me a minority, I don't care), they're still hard to see or even navigate. It would look better, as you said, to have the page start wither the bar of logos is, rather than all the other crap.

I think the D looks as bad the as the "Ducks." It's been said before -- they simply don't have a logo. To me, the D looks empty, like there's something missing. I really wish they had gone with that green duck logo that surfaced a while back. To me, that was hunting cabin classy. This "Ducks" logo is just pointless.

It looks especially bad at ESPN.com and the like. When they were doing their preseason picks, you could see a bold Sharks logo, a bold Sens logo, and then a stupid, small, "Ducks" insignia. Bad, bad, bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the D looks as bad the as the "Ducks." It's been said before -- they simply don't have a logo.

How do they NOT have a logo? That has never been proven. If the Montreal Canadiens monogram is a logo, if the Yankees duller than day-old dishwasher interlocked NY is a logo, if the Dallas Stars STARS logo is a logo, the Ducks fancy champagne colored spiky wordmark is a logo. If you don't think so, suck it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think the D looks as bad the as the "Ducks." It's been said before -- they simply don't have a logo.

How do they NOT have a logo? That has never been proven. If the Montreal Canadiens monogram is a logo, if the Yankees duller than day-old dishwasher interlocked NY is a logo, if the Dallas Stars STARS logo is a logo, the Ducks fancy champagne colored spiky wordmark is a logo. If you don't think so, suck it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Easy there, Poncho. I believe what dsgitlin meant to say is that the Ducks have a poor, pitiful excuse for a logo. That oughta clear that up.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a Ducks fan, I like the Ducks wordmark logo. But, as exactly that, a wordmark. I think Anaheim should use the oval shaped wordmark logo. You can find it on the Chris Creamer's sports logos page. I think that logo looks great. I make wallpapers quite frequently and whenever I make a Ducks wallpaper associated with the new look, I use the oval logo. It looks better IMO and IS more of a logo than just the wordmark. When Anaheim used that wordmark logo on the black Mighty Ducks jersey, it looked good. But, using the MD logo would have been better IMO. Or maybe using the Ducks silver logo on their now vintage Home jersey and then using the MD for the patches. But whatever, off topic. But, I do think the oval logo will look better if Anaheim would go to that full-time.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

If they had to keep this monstrocity of an identity then the "D" foot logo is better than the horrid word mark. I do agree that neither of them is eye catching or anywhere close to interesting.

Kudos to the guy that refered to the Yankee interlocking logo as boring, i've been saying that for years. I don't care how many W.S. championships they won or will win the logo sucks, but thats besides the point.

Anaheim needs a complete overhaul.

If they had to keep this monstrocity of an identity then the "D" foot logo is better than the horrid word mark. I do agree that neither of them is eye catching or anywhere close to interesting.

Kudos to the guy that refered to the Yankee interlocking logo as boring, i've been saying that for years. I don't care how many W.S. championships they won or will win the logo sucks, but thats besides the point.

Anaheim needs a complete overhaul.

The sad thing is they did a complete overhaul of their logo and it turned out horrible. But I don't think they had much of a choice, you either go very cartoony (ala Disney) or go to malard (sp?) duck type of logo or a city/nickname word mark. Not much of a choice.

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

I think the D looks as bad the as the "Ducks." It's been said before -- they simply don't have a logo. To me, the D looks empty, like there's something missing. I really wish they had gone with that green duck logo that surfaced a while back. To me, that was hunting cabin classy. This "Ducks" logo is just pointless.

It looks especially bad at ESPN.com and the like. When they were doing their preseason picks, you could see a bold Sharks logo, a bold Sens logo, and then a stupid, small, "Ducks" insignia. Bad, bad, bad.

The D is genius. It's the foot of a duck.

I like it. My beef about their jerseys is the empty space...

SigReflect.png

Archived