Tampa Bay Lightning

LiteShoop

Am I the only one who sees Florida as distinctly phallic in shape?

Yes, you and your immature mind are the only one who sees it. It is a quick outline of the state of Florida.

I know WHAT it is, and I'm not even saying that it's incorrect.

I'm just saying that if my team came from a state whose outline looked like that, I'd probably tend to avoid using it as a design element on my team's primary logos.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Glad to see the Florida silhouette removed. Am I the only one who sees Florida as distinctly phallic in shape?

Florida always has been the **** of the United States, just look at the trouble they got us into in 2000. ;)

Am I the only one who sees Florida as distinctly phallic in shape?

Yes, you and your immature mind are the only one who sees it. It is a quick outline of the state of Florida.

I know WHAT it is, and I'm not even saying that it's incorrect.

I'm just saying that if my team came from a state whose outline looked like that, I'd probably tend to avoid using it as a design element on my team's primary logos.

RRRRIIIIIGGHHHTT...

(You know you won't get very far with that argument amongst a bunch of Floridians--or really not many people.)

Getting BACK on topic...I actually like the use of FL in the logo. As has been discussed before, there's more to that logo than just a bolt and Florida. The bolt actually strikes through Tampa, and the T-Bay area is the lightning-strike capital of the world (that's how the team got its name in the first place).

Now, to the design. On it's own merits, it's actually a really clean execution. My only two things are this: one, the Sabres-esque striping COULD work, but for some reason it just doesn't do it all the way for me (not saying it's bad, though)...and two, when I think "Lightning", I think sords like "quick", "fast, "strike", "rush"--what I'm getting at with all that is italic numbers.

One more point of curiosity: BigShoop, LiteShoop--are you two related somehow? just wondering...

Nice design, though! I'll give you that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Glad to see the Florida silhouette removed. Am I the only one who sees Florida as distinctly phallic in shape?

Florida always has been the **** of the United States, just look at the trouble they got us into in 2000. ;)

You got your president's brother to thank for that mess...well that and all those snowbird cloudheads down in central/south FL...but that's another topic for another forum...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived