A complaint about the Coyotes

Sodboy13

Man, what's your problem with the Phoenix Coyotes? Shouldn't you blame the city of Winnipeg for not doing enough for keeping the franchise? This really ticks me off as a Coyotes fan. We've even retire Hull and Steen's numbers, IN RED, WHITE, and BLUE! Isn't there something the Coyotes can do, other than move or fold, that would get you off their backs?

No.

On what?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what's your problem with the Phoenix Coyotes? Shouldn't you blame the city of Winnipeg for not doing enough for keeping the franchise? This really ticks me off as a Coyotes fan. We've even retire Hull and Steen's numbers, IN RED, WHITE, and BLUE! Isn't there something the Coyotes can do, other than move or fold, that would get you off their backs?

The campaign to save the Jets was probably the hardest-fought losing battle with regard to team relocations, so it's not like they just sat idly by. That said, this is a board full of Canadians and hockey purists who maintain that the NHL belongs in hockey country, so any argument for the Coyotes is gonna be a hard sell.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The campaign to save the Jets was probably the hardest-fought losing battle with regard to team relocations, so it's not like they just sat idly by. That said, this is a board full of Canadians and hockey purists who maintain that the NHL belongs in hockey country, so any argument for the Coyotes is gonna be a hard sell.

That's the problem. The idea that the Coyotes is all wrong is just that, wrong. If the Canadians were so supportive of the Jets, why didn't they build the arena in the 1st place? And what's wrong for a team to move if they can't get the best facility? Is there any argument that I can use so that these guys will finally get off the Phoenix Coyotes' back?

Can one of you admins delete this thread? I'm getting sick and tired of these people blasting the Coyotes for just existing.

And what's wrong for a team to move if they can't get the best facility?

How about the fact that they spent like eight years shoehorned into a terrible hockey facility?

How about the fact that they spent like eight years shoehorned into a terrible hockey facility?

We did follow through, in the end.

Still, it sure prevents your case from being a slam dunk, doesn't it?

We did follow through, in the end.

Still, it sure prevents your case from being a slam dunk, doesn't it?

Is there anything RIGHT with the Coyotes being in Phoenix?

hockey country is any city with hockey fans, whether it be 5,000 of them or 15,000 of them. hockey country should not be restricted by climate or geographic location. anyone who thinks otherwise has no business calling themselves a hockey fan.

I've been saying that for years.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Nobody really objects to hockey in the Bay Area, just for the record.

Really? If you object to Phoenx, shouldn't you be consistant and object to San Jose, as well?

BTW, you said about "hockey country." Shouldn't the WHOLE USA be excluded, including the Blackhawks (which adorns your signature)?

1) San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose is a huge metropolitan area and should logically have a team for the good of the league. Their fans have supported the Sharks very very well, and they didn't steal the team, unless you count half of the North Stars. Having a team in Phoenix is not really crucial to the health of the league the way Los Angeles and greater S.F. are.

2) No, because the Midwest and New England are considered hockey country. Who would argue that they aren't?

Now, you're being hypocritical. You object to there being a team in Phoenix, because of it's conditions, but you try to say it doesn't apply to the Bay Area? Since when does it snows up there?

they didn't steal the team, unless you count half of the North Stars.

We didn't STEAL a team! The Jets didn't get a facility in Winnipeg and moved.

2) No, because the Midwest and New England are considered hockey country. Who would argue that they aren't?

Because they're in America, and you claimed that Canada was the only "Hockey country."

I'm not being hypocritical. Everything's relative. The Sharks have drawn well. Most southern expansion/relocations haven't. The NHL did great with teams in Hartford, Quebec City, and Winnipeg. It's not as if bringing hockey to puck-starved fans in Phoenix, Arizona and Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina has been the shot in the arm that this sport needs.

I didn't specify that "hockey country" was exclusively Canada. I thought the whole thing was generally understood to include the midwest and northeast, and maybe Colorado.

What? Since when is San Jose a "hockey hotbed?" You claim Phoenix isn't, yet San Jose doesn't get any snow! Does San Jose State have a varsity hockey team?

Everything's relative.

So, it's realative only when San Jose is considered importaint to the NHL, but Phoenix, which is the fastest growing metro area, isn't. You are hypocritical.

I don't recall claiming that they did. I'm just saying the Sharks have been a fiscal success, as far as anyone can tell. They hit the scene with cool sweaters, had a pretty good year early on when they bounced the Wings, and generally worked out well. The Coyotes have been a Theresateamin club.

You've just proven yourself a hypocrit. You claim that San Jose is "hockey country" but it's not in the Northeast nor the Plains! If San Jose is so importaint in the hocky world, why not Phoenix? I'm a Coyotes fan, and also a Jets fan.

Archived