Ottawa Lynx moving to Allentown in 2008, what name do you forsee the team using?

Brock

I submitted:

- Railers (the railroad industry is huge in this area because it transports much of the steel and iron produced at Bethlehem Steel, the company that once provided the backbone of that community. Also it links the team to the Reading Phillies who also uses trains in their logo package)

- Bucks (there are a ton of deer in this area)

- Ironmen (again a tribute to the steel mills of the area and the overall character of the people)

I submitted:

- Railers (the railroad industry is huge in this area because it transports much of the steel and iron produced at Bethlehem Steel, the company that once provided the backbone of that community. Also it links the team to the Reading Phillies who also uses trains in their logo package)

Okay, trust me, "Railers" is not the best name. Always consult Urban Dictionary before topics like this.

I submitted:

Okay, trust me, "Railers" is not the best name. Always consult Urban Dictionary before topics like this.

true, I was thinking about that afterward. I just couldn't come up with a better railroad themed name. Also, I submitted Lehigh Valley Thunderhawks, named for the famous Dorney Park rollercoaster.

Lehigh Valley Black Diamonds

(named after the anthracite coal the Lehigh Valley Railroad used to carry)

Great name, but unlikely. It was already the name of the failed Atlantic League team that was supposed to play in the never-completed stadium near Easton. I don't think anyone will want any association with that fiasco.

I submitted the following names. My favorites are in bold print.

Inspired by the Region's General History

Lehigh Valley Industrials

Lehigh Valley Triplets

Inspired by the Founder of Allentown, Chief Justice William Allen

Lehigh Valley Chiefs

Lehigh Valley Justice

Inspired by the Iron/Steel Industry

Lehigh Valley Forge

Lehigh Valley Ironmen

Lehigh Valley Steel

Lehigh Valley Steel Barons

Lehigh Valley Steel Sox

Lehigh Valley Vulcans

Inspired by the Coal Industry

Lehigh Valley Black Diamonds

Lehigh Valley Coal Barons

Lehigh Valley Miners

Inspired by the Lehigh Valley Railroad

Lehigh Valley Express

Lehigh Valley Locos

Lehigh Valley Steam

Inspired by the Transit/Trucking Industry (Mack Truck Headquarters is in Allentown.)

Lehigh Valley Bulldogs

Lehigh Valley Haulers

Lehigh Valley Longhaulers

Lehigh Valley Truckers

Lehigh Valley Wheels

Sounds like it should be a Diamondbacks affiliate, or a Twins affiliate. (Good song by the Replacements.)

Wasn't that originally a KISS song that The Replacements covered?

I kinda like Lehigh Valley Vulcans myself.

Archived