National Basketball League (Australia) Collection

Gazzzaf

Hey all,

After spending a few days updating my site, I've decided to begin posting my first ever basketball collection.

Here are the Brisbane Bullets:

http://gazzzaf.com/gazzzaf/wordpress/v/Gaz...ullets.gif.html

I know that the images are still freaking huge but at least I've fitted 3 concepts to an image.

C&C appreciated as always.

sig.png

Nice execution, but I hate the designs

The jerseys dont flow into the shorts at all. not on any of the designs. The stripes should line up so it looks like a UNIFORM... not just a top and bottom of the same colors.

also, the home and road jerseys look to be from two different teams.. they need to have the same color set.

get the logos off of the breakers and razorbacks jerseys

make the numbers smaller on the backs and lower them

terrible placement of the number on the razorbacks front

get the gradient off the lower side jersey stripes of the dragons

I can go on and on.. this is a total redo on all four jerseys

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Nice execution, but I hate the designs

The jerseys dont flow into the shorts at all. not on any of the designs. The stripes should line up so it looks like a UNIFORM... not just a top and bottom of the same colors.

also, the home and road jerseys look to be from two different teams.. they need to have the same color set.

get the logos off of the breakers and razorbacks jerseys

make the numbers smaller on the backs and lower them

terrible placement of the number on the razorbacks front

get the gradient off the lower side jersey stripes of the dragons

I can go on and on.. this is a total redo on all four jerseys

Hate is a very strong word.

Who said the jerseys had to flow into shorts? the designs are perfect for the league, research the league and see the norm.

The Souths don't have gradients, look, its the lines that break away

I think your comment was a bit harsh

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

The high name and numbers on the jerseys are a habit from designing in most other sports. The NBL is not very prolific and has very little content online for a national league. Some of the wordmarks, like the Razorbacks, are near impossible to find so you just have to make do with the entire logo.

Matt is right about the trend in the NBL though; not all the stripes continue from jersey to shorts. Many Australian sports use not traditional designs and would find many of the 'varsity' style designs that flood the US sporting arena out of place.

To demonstrate this, I've posted my only design which resembles the classic US uniform - The Adelaide 36ers. It probably wouldn't fly in reality but I thought it'd be cool to apply such a design to a team with the name '36ers' (a clear imitation of the 76ers, siginifying Adelaide's settlement in 1836). without further ado, here's Adelaide:

Adelaide 36ers

sig.png

I'll be intrigued to see what you do about the Hawks and Kings.

Basketball unis really perplex me. Some I love, some I despise.

I don't think I feel strongly about any of the jerseys in the NBL. To me that defines the mediocrity that the league deals with.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Archived