National Basketball League (Australia) Collection

Gazzzaf

Thanks, ~boshalladay~, I appreciate the comment on professionalism as that is what my major aim has been in recent times concerning my designs and website.

I've seen that RIT logo before, its a nice logo but does not give warrant for a professional team like the Tigers to go ahead and emulate it. I couldn't stand their last logo and am indifferent to the current one due to the above reason. I don't support them but I see why any Tigers supporter would be pissed off and feel cheated. Stealing a logo does not instill a sense of uniqueness within a franchise.

By the way Rob, do you go for the Tigers? I don't particularly support any but I used to follow the Cannons.

sig.png

You're not wrong about the Kings' wordmark: just tragic.

I like what you did with the Hawks, for what it's worth. Nice weighting of their horrible logo in the jersey.

Overall a nice collections (though the NBL really doesn't do much for me anymore. A friend of mine still has season Hawks tickets though)

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Thanks, ~boshalladay~, I appreciate the comment on professionalism as that is what my major aim has been in recent times concerning my designs and website.

I've seen that RIT logo before, its a nice logo but does not give warrant for a professional team like the Tigers to go ahead and emulate it. I couldn't stand their last logo and am indifferent to the current one due to the above reason. I don't support them but I see why any Tigers supporter would be pissed off and feel cheated. Stealing a logo does not instill a sense of uniqueness within a franchise.

By the way Rob, do you go for the Tigers? I don't particularly support any but I used to follow the Cannons.

I guess I kind of do.

I don't really follow it, but I used to live in Sydney and work with a guy who was a big Kings fan, in the days before they won the title.

With Melbourne only having one team at the time, I nominally supported the Tigers.

Pinching this logo, then changing it slightly, but in reality, making it worse, has actually put me off them.

To me it says "second rate circus". Which is what basketball was, changed from and has apprantly returned to.

And then there's that other circus in town with the Dragons getting rid of their coach after 4 games.

The whole thing is second rate, and I am glad I don't have a real interest in it, because it would only disappoint me more.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The NBL needs to market their product alot better. If anything promote the game around the Heal/MacKinnon fight the other night. And Fox showing two games a week isn't helping them either. Bring back the open air games at Vodafone.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived