Minnesota Gophers Hockey new jerseys

spyboy1

Sorry I wasn't able to scare up any action pics so far, but the Minnesota Gophers have new jerseys (again) this season. They are the same striping template as the 2005 USA hockey jerseys, only in maroon instead of blue and gold instead of red.

GophersNew.gif

I thought they looked really sharp. I have to subtract a few points for recoloring an exsisting template, but they are still much better than last years for sure.

I like these jerseys. The Gophers used the same template in '03-'04 as a gold third jersey:

Ballard20Keith20102.jpg

I assume the Gophers will have gold thirds again this year, and like not using this template.

spyboy: you know anywhere in town selling the new jerseys?

I like these jerseys. The Gophers used the same template in '03-'04 as a gold third jersey:

Ballard20Keith20102.jpg

I assume the Gophers will have gold thirds again this year, and like not using this template.

I knew I remembered that template (from 03-04)... Anyway, the Pioneer Press has a horrible pic on the front page (PDF). That's all I've been able to find so far.

As far as where to buy, Gold Country (THE place to buy Gopher stuff in Dinkytown) has only last years sweater.

Moose

Ballard20Keith20102.jpg

Good catch on the matching template! thumbsup.gif

I was in Gold Country about two weeks ago and they did not have the new ones in yet, but that would be the first place that would get them.

Jeff

Actually, they're not the same template. The gold alts were the St. Louis Blues template, not the new USA template. They're similar, but there are distinct differences--for example, the direction of the sleeve striping.

Archived