new 06-07 ncaa bball uniforms

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State is really good this year and will be for the next couple.

We'll see. Oden's not even playing till midseason.

so Oden will basically play about 15 games in his Ohio St. career

seems like and awful lot of hype for 15 games.

I actually liked Ohio St's new uni's until I say the back

and what does the Thad 5 stand for

In a picture from A&M media day, it appears that they made the TEXAS A&M on the front of the jersey larger. This is actually a good change, because it was so small on last year's jersey that it looked pretty ridiculous. It also looks like they changed the striping down the sides.

Last year:

bball2.jpg

This year:

aggiebball.jpg

AM.gif

This year, the Northeastern men's team is wearing Nike. We chose last season's Michigan State style. I don't have any pics becuase the unis are still being made. But I assure you that they are going to be nice.

dodgers-1.png

Kansas State...

kstate06a.jpgkstate06b.jpgkstate06c.jpgkstate06d.jpg

:wacko: God those are ugly

Has Kansas State ever had a good-looking basketball uniform? The ugliness started with the two-tone Ronaldo Blackman unis of 1981 for crissake!

I haven't seen this here so I'll add that UNC is adding the Nike shoulder stripe to their unis. Alot of Heel fans upset that the addition of the shoulder stripe that so many of the nike schools have takes away from our distinctiveness. In other words, not really against changes, but against adding something that so many other schoosl already have.

365578.jpg

Looks like the Alexander Julian argyle design is out.

Oregon's new uniforms are exactly like the Illinois jerseys piping and shoulder striping wise, except obviously in our color scheme and with the Oregon font arched over the number.

EISRDHNFRAXJJJQ.20060311063024.jpg

Champ Oguchi, in last year's jersey, is the player whose number is on this year's replicas; the font and number are the same for this year. They're out at the bookstore but not online yet and I didn't see any pictures of the new uniforms from Media Day, if they even exist.

harperdc.gif

Oregon's new uniforms are exactly like the Illinois jerseys piping and shoulder striping wise, except obviously in our color scheme and with the Oregon font arched over the number.

EISRDHNFRAXJJJQ.20060311063024.jpg

Champ Oguchi, in last year's jersey, is the player whose number is on this year's replicas; the font and number are the same for this year. They're out at the bookstore but not online yet and I didn't see any pictures of the new uniforms from Media Day, if they even exist.

Next time I'm in Beaverton I'll give Phil a pat on the back for ruining what I thought was the only good Nike jersey remaining. That's a shame.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Kansas State...

kstate06a.jpgkstate06b.jpgkstate06c.jpgkstate06d.jpg

:wacko: God those are ugly

Has Kansas State ever had a good-looking basketball uniform? The ugliness started with the two-tone Ronaldo Blackman unis of 1981 for crissake!

I haven't seen this here so I'll add that UNC is adding the Nike shoulder stripe to their unis. Alot of Heel fans upset that the addition of the shoulder stripe that so many of the nike schools have takes away from our distinctiveness. In other words, not really against changes, but against adding something that so many other schoosl already have.

365578.jpg

Looks like the Alexander Julian argyle design is out.

No, there is still argyle on the sides. The only thing that changed is the shoulders.

From goduke.com:

"The result is the addition of three jerseys to Duke?s repertoire ? one each in home white, away black and away blue ? that divert ever-so-slightly from the regular jersey Duke wore a year ago. The addition is a black stripe that will appear on the jersey straps near the neckline, pointing downward at a 45-degree angle. The jerseys will be worn early in the season, and will function as alternatives throughout the rest of the year."

Confirmation that Nike has struck again. The article goes on to explain that the new jerseys will not replace the other set - only be worn as alternates. What it adds up to, however, is that Duke will now have SIX uniforms.

Why can't the Nike basketball department get ahold of the soccer department to learn about CREATIVITY and UNIQUENESS! The World Cup effort from Nike was excellent.

Why must all college basketball teams look the same? Illinois, Michigan St., Ohio St., North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke...I know there are more with this template, and I realize that not EVERY team in college basketball will be wearing them, but these are consistant (for the most part) top 25 schools in the nation. Why would Nike want all of these representatives to look the same, instead of showing off it's creativity and ability to develop a unique identity for it's clients?!

I have nothing against change, I am not a strict traditionalist. But If change is going to be made, there need to be a reason for it, and there also needs to be some thought put into it, not just the application of a template.

(End of rant)

We are one!

Makes you appreciate Indiana and UCLA. Heck, even Stanford and Arizona are becoming classics despite their Nike-ness, just because they haven't changed them. Michigan has also done a pretty good job holding their ground (somewhat) with Nike.

365578.jpg

What do you all think about the American flag on the uni or helmet? Since we are apparently in the era of perpetual "war on terror", will the flag on the jersey lose its meaning by always being there?

What diplomatic situation should warrant the flag on the jersey/helmet?

(I don't remember this ever being done before Desert Storm)

They don't have the "Chief" waistband do they? That would make zero sense.

dont forget nike's other flagship program, UConn, who havent really changed uniforms in 10 years (besides font changes and a new updated logo). everyone forgets that uconn is the 3rd winningest program of the last 15 years.

Makes you appreciate Indiana and UCLA. Heck, even Stanford and Arizona are becoming classics despite their Nike-ness, just because they haven't changed them. Michigan has also done a pretty good job holding their ground (somewhat) with Nike.

Archived