new 06-07 ncaa bball uniforms

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year, the Northeastern men's team is wearing Nike. We chose last season's Michigan State style. I don't have any pics becuase the unis are still being made. But I assure you that they are going to be nice.

I liked last year's - if they're ever found let me know - and if you see a #93 laying around let me know!

I may stop by Parsons this week, ro get some stuff, as we discussed in North Dakota.

Maryland has the same uniforms this year as they did for the last 10+ years

714955.jpeg

47513005_z.jpg

IIRC, the only change Maryland made throughout this jersey design was some minor nameplate stuff on the neckline. On that note, does anyone remember when Maryland switched to this design?

I want to say that MD started wearing that style jersey during the '96-'97 season. Another slight change that was made was to the shorts. The 'M' used to be black, a few seasons ago it was changed to white.

Here are the new St. John's uniforms.

stjohns02.jpg

stjohns01.jpg

And here they are in action.

087cb44364a241fbb6a34df86dfcf41d.jpg

They're kind of plain, but I'm just glad we don't have the new Nike template that every school now seems to have. Norm Roberts also put the players names on the back of the jersey, the first time since the '02-'03 season. I wish that the shorts had a trim down the sides too.

I want to say that MD started wearing that style jersey during the '96-'97 season. Another slight change that was made was to the shorts. The 'M' used to be black, a few seasons ago it was changed to white.

Here are the new St. John's uniforms.

stjohns02.jpg

stjohns01.jpg

And here they are in action.

087cb44364a241fbb6a34df86dfcf41d.jpg

They're kind of plain, but I'm just glad we don't have the new Nike template that every school now seems to have. Norm Roberts also put the names back to the jersey, the first time since the '02-'03 season. I wish that the shorts had a trim down the sides too.

Aykay, nice to see at least one of the Johnnies on the board has the technical savvy to live in this modern age. :wacko:

Thanks for the update. Ignore STJ thread below.

So, it's pretty sure that Arizona is not getting those new unis. I guess they were prototypes that somehow got out to the store.

here's a pic from Arizona's Red / Blue game:

PGSRNJFHLBBARDF.20061027165404.jpg

Those Arizona unis were a lot closer to the Women's jerseys than the men's, but they're not the women's jerseys, either. Who knows?

I love the new St. Johns unis. In my opinion, simpler = better. On that front, I am also a big fan of the Virginia Tech orange alternates that was worn last year. Hopefully, they will return for the 06-07 season.

21328593.jpg

21328592.jpg

The University of Albany (best known as the #16 seed that almost beat UConn this past March) is changing it up.

(They are supplied by "The Rock" - aka Anaconda Sports)

Old home unis - yellow (sorry for the animated gif, it was the best I could find):

mbbgallery.gif

New home unis - white: (left)

front1110hoops.jpg

(This is the first pic I've seen of the new unis).

- The University has also sold the naming rights to the arena to local bank SEFCU. Hopefully these minor changes to a decent program will help raise Albany's profile so that it can be a more competitive mid-major.

I love the new St. Johns unis. In my opinion, simpler = better. On that front, I am also a big fan of the Virginia Tech orange alternates that was worn last year. Hopefully, they will return for the 06-07 season.

21328593.jpg

21328592.jpg

I'm hoping they keep the orange as well. With the switch from Adidas to Nike, anything's possible. Less than half of VT teams currently wear Nike but they just signed an all inclusive deal for next year. The following is from www.hokiesports.com:

The Swoosh is Back

Beginning with tonight?s game, you will

notice a different logo on the Tech uniforms

... Virginia Tech has signed a comprehensive

deal with Nike to furnish shoe and apparel

for all Virginia Tech teams, beginning

next season ... The Hokie basketball team

decided to go ahead with the switch to the

swoosh this season.

They open up tonight against Coppin State and will debut the new threads.

Old

cottondeanfn2.jpg

ambbcotton5un1.jpg

New (they dropped the names off the back) Still haven't seen the away. Moved to our main two colors more, Red and White, ditched the blue lettering.

7538vp2.jpg

coviledunkds7.jpg

29b600a6-9db7-4345-b057-088af0920ebf.jpg

Interesting thing about this photo: Brandon Bell on the left, is the brother of Charlie Bell (Milwaukee Bucks) and the guy on the right is Muhammad Abdur-Rahim, brother of Shareef.

I like the new unis, kind of miss the names on the back...

I love those new St John's uniforms. I was never a fan of the Jarvis/Artest era uniforms -- they screamed 1999 to me. The updated look is simpler, classier and adds to the Big East's title of best dressed conference, top to bottom.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I love those new St John's uniforms. I was never a fan of the Jarvis/Artest era uniforms -- they screamed 1999 to me. The updated look is simpler, classier and adds to the Big East's title of best dressed conference, top to bottom.

eh...I think I liked the 99 ones better. I don't like the font on the new ones...

PLUS, you know who beat St. John's in 1999 in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament? That's right...my Detroit Titans :D

Archived