new 06-07 ncaa bball uniforms

Here's an addition to the Nike family: James Madison went from Anaconda Sports, to Nike for this season. Here's a shot of the home jersey. I haven't seen any away ones yet, but it's simply a purple version of the home uniform.

110206JMUBKBUniformNF_1162542218.jpg

These were the 2004-06 uniforms:

la17729T01n036.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, OSU isn't on my list of top basketball programs. A good one? Yes. Consistently elite? Hell naw. Seems kinda b.s. to lump them in with Duke, AZ, Kentucky on the basis of one fluky final four.

If that's the case, where's George Mason's elite tag! :D I'd love to see that if they were sponsored by Nike.

And Mississippi State, they made the final four in 96, and I do think they're a Nike school. No elite for them?

Miss. State is Adidas. You can see the 3 stripe logo on the bottom of the guy on the left...and the adidas shoes on the guy on the right.

21389987.jpg

Mason is Nike. I don't have pics of this year to see if they are Elite but here's a pic from last year (Swoosh on #1's shorts)

geomas.jpg

I don't think George Mason was sponsored by Nike. Like many mid major D-1 teams, they just probably bought Nike brand uniforms. Also with James Madison.

this was the only image i can find, but it looks like the uconn men's team will be wearing the same uniforms again this season... at least calhoun keeps nike at bay.

team%20group.jpg

Now all they need is to get all their players to get their shoes to match. That looks tacky.

As for the Connecticut jerseys, I'd rather see the "CONNECTICUT" from the Ray Allen era than that crappy "UCONN" shortening nonsense.

JR5

NikeTalk.gif

Washington State has new unis - again. I don't have a picture but I can tell you:

1. They're an upgrade from last year

2. They're still not very good - it looks like a Texas Tech style "Washington State" above the numbers, which are similar to Stanford/Gonzaga's.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

To be fair, OSU isn't on my list of top basketball programs. A good one? Yes. Consistently elite? Hell naw. Seems kinda b.s. to lump them in with Duke, AZ, Kentucky on the basis of one fluky final four.

If that's the case, where's George Mason's elite tag! :D I'd love to see that if they were sponsored by Nike.

And Mississippi State, they made the final four in 96, and I do think they're a Nike school. No elite for them?

Miss. State is Adidas. You can see the 3 stripe logo on the bottom of the guy on the left...and the adidas shoes on the guy on the right.

21389987.jpg

Mason is Nike. I don't have pics of this year to see if they are Elite but here's a pic from last year (Swoosh on #1's shorts)

geomas.jpg

I don't think George Mason was sponsored by Nike. Like many mid major D-1 teams, they just probably bought Nike brand uniforms. Also with James Madison.

this was the only image i can find, but it looks like the uconn men's team will be wearing the same uniforms again this season... at least calhoun keeps nike at bay.

team%20group.jpg

Now all they need is to get all their players to get their shoes to match. That looks tacky.

As for the Connecticut jerseys, I'd rather see the "CONNECTICUT" from the Ray Allen era than that crappy "UCONN" shortening nonsense.

JR5

Although I agree that putting "Connecticut" on the front of the jerseys would look better, I don't think using 'UConn' is nonsense because the school has been using that moniker/identity for decades. As a matter of fact the way the Huskies got their name was because 'UConn' reminded people of the "Yukon" territory in Canada. Since the area is cold and Husky dogs are associated that area it made sense to switch their name to the UCONN Huskies as opposed to the original University of Connecticut Aggies.

I simply want them to get rid of the awful red color that has plagued their unis for far too long.

St. John's lost to Ohio State in the Elite 8 back in '99. I think the loss to Detroit came a year earlier.

As for Mason, they are now Nike Elite and they have that Nike template on the jersey top. Like Flordia, Alabama, UNC, etc.

Ive noticed the T-star logo is working its slowly more and more into the mainstream use at A&M. Last year was the first year it showed up at the football stadium when it was painted on the field. Then it replaced the block "aTm" on the baseball jerseys last year. This year it has shown up on the tarps covering the tunnels at Kyle Field. Basketball hasnt had much of an identity on campus until recently so my guess is thats why the just went ahead and made it the center court logo for the basketball team a few years ago. I'm sure most aggies would prefer the "aTm" on the court becasue that is what people recognize as A&M, but the T-star looks good too. As long as it doesnt show up on the football helmets, i dont think people will care. The T-star is essentially the school seal anyways so we like it.

seal.gif

P1280011.jpg

Texas Tech got new uniforms. I still think they are adidias, but the side stripe are definitely new. They play tonight on ESPN2 so we'll be able to get a good look then.

NEW:

8558_512.jpg1496238.jpg

OLD:

200552.jpg

Those jerseys have always bugged me with the way the say the school name like that. Am I the only one?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Texas Tech got new uniforms. I still think they are adidias, but the side stripe are definitely new. They play tonight on ESPN2 so we'll be able to get a good look then.

NEW:

8558_512.jpg1496238.jpg

OLD:

200552.jpg

Those jerseys have always bugged me with the way the say the school name like that. Am I the only one?

youre not alone, its bothered me too. it just doesnt fit. I keep wanting to put the T's together but that wouldnt work either.

P1280011.jpg

That's a nice-looking court.

I'm not a big fan of the different color stains look but the Texas A&M basketball court is a thing of beauty. Best in the Nation in my opinion.

To chime in on uniforms, particularly UConn's uniforms which were mentioned earlier... I like the current uniforms but I think they should go to the throwback look they sported last year. Those things were beautiful.

IUe6Hvh.png

Texas A&M's "T-Star" logo is a secondary logo for the Atheltic program based off of the university seal. Honestly I'm not sure why they decided to feature it so prominently with the basketball program, because to the outsider it IS confusing. I think they would have done better to stick with the aTm, but I can't complain about our court, that thing is gorgeous.

I wonder if UW will break these out during the season any? Would be quite funny.

From Sports illustrated:

Spencer Hawes

n107341944147hb8.jpg

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Whats with the space age suits?

From Uni Watch. Paul Lukas. ESPN

And speaking of college hoops and NikeWorld, a source who prefers to remain anonymous offers the following: "Florida, Syracuse, Arizona and Ohio State will be wearing new uniforms only during the NCAA Tournament. Nike reps have been getting opinions from the players and talking about the new design. It's hard to explain the style of the uniforms, but the closest thing would be 'space suit.' The tops are tailored and come in suit sizes (36, 42, 48, etc.). They are very, very tight, almost like an extreme women's jersey. Only these four schools will get the uniforms, and they'll be worn only for the tournament."

Well, it's nice to know SU is held in esteemed company and I certainly hope they make the tournament.

But, eh. I'd rather they sit that promotion out. Sounds stupid.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived